• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping zone Problem

MUDi

Hello, the problem with claculating shipping is driving me nuts.

I set up 9 different zones (I only need 2, but since the limit is 255? characters, I made sure that I have much less than that in each line.) However, it only recognizes countries from the first zone (US,CA). If any other country is selected it says that zone shipping is not available for such country. I tried reinstalling the module several times, no difference.

That is the first problem. Second is the calculations. I changed my pounds to grams, but it completely messes it up. For example, I assigned a weight of 100 to one of my products, when you go to checkout and see the "Confirm your purchase" screen it shows the weight for that product as 33.66666666666667 grams.

Can't go on without your help.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

I set up 9 different zones (I only need 2, but since the limit is 255? characters, I made sure that I have much less than that in each line.) However, it only recognizes countries from the first zone (US,CA). If any other country is selected it says that zone shipping is not available for such country. I tried reinstalling the module several times, no difference.

That is the first problem. Second is the calculations. I changed my pounds to grams, but it completely messes it up. For example, I assigned a weight of 100 to one of my products, when you go to checkout and see the "Confirm your purchase" screen it shows the weight for that product as 33.66666666666667 grams.

Thanks.

Same problem for me. I cannot configure zone rates at all. They just don't appear to work... Any one out there know the answer??

Rgds,

Tony

Thanks.

Set zones to none for shipping so that all zones can use that shipping method.

Can't help with the second. Maybe try kg so the weight is 0.1

• 4 weeks later...

HI

Just found this thread as i had the same problem. Some countires wouldnt work out the zone based shipping whereas others would.

It was simple for me really, i had spaces between all of my country ISO codes, so the first country listed in each zone would work and the rest wouldnt. Just take out the spaces!!

thats one option you could check anyway...

• 2 months later...

I think I have a handle on this - note I said I THINK I have ......

In the text file of one of the zone contributions I was checking out, it said the default osC zone module has an issue where it rounds UP to the next weight unit - i.e. if you're using lbs it rounds up to the next lb, if Kgs then up to the next full Kg, even if your item weight is 1g over the last full Kg - this has caused me no end of headaches. In fact, I'm at the point now of editing the test inventory so the default weight throughout the store is grams not Kgs.

This will make some of the rate formulae a bit long (having to use 1000 instead of 1 for a Kg) but should fix the problem and allow more accurate shipping rate and package weight calculations.

I hope that helps you out?

Oh - another avenue I'm playing with at the moment (and it seems to be working) is to use the first couple of weight bands in each zone price table as partial Kg - e.g. 0.25:1.25, 0.5:2 etc.

Gaz

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.