• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hellpp!!Extreme Newbie....What do I do now!!!

Trentide

I've downloaded OSC from my webhosts server to my domain. Now what do I do. I would like to start modifying OSC to fit my website (that's still being put together). Do I need to have OSC on my computer to do that? If this helps I'm working in DreamWeaver MX 2004. Is there anything else I need to do before I start modifying OSC?

If I had a penny for everyone who's said "integrate osCommerce into my site" I'd be rich.

osCommerce is the site. If you want it to look like something else then you'll need to modify osCommerce, and that takes a knowledge of osCommerce which you need to acquire - but this forum and the Knowledge Base (http://www.oscommerce.com/redirect.php/go,21) can help with that.

To have osCommerce run on your computer you need to turn it into an offline web server (intranet). Download and install XAMPP from http://www.apachefriends.org/en - it's a big download but the install is just 1-click. It has all you need.

Forget about Dreamweaver, and use a good plain text editor like Text Pad, Crimson Editor, or PSPad.

Vger

Ok thank you for that. I told you I was a newbie. Now, more accurately, I want to modify OSCommerce. I imagine I need to download the files from my domain to DreamWeaver then upload them again to my domain. I've tried that but when I open the pages I get source code and not graphics that I can move around the page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Jason

Ok thank you for that. I told you I was a newbie. Now, more accurately, I want to modify OSCommerce. I imagine I need to download the files from my domain to DreamWeaver then upload them again to my domain. I've tried that but when I open the pages I get source code and not graphics that I can move around the page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Jason

This this, this is the 5 pages that are mostly edited for OSC, but this is just the beggining lol..

First thing you need to do is read the basics for design thread.

Start Here

Jon

I've tried that but when I open the pages I get source code and not graphics that I can move around the page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Jason

Check out the osCommerce documentation. ;)

You need to install it on your domain first. Also, you have to have a valid database connection (mySQL) and have PHP enabled on your server.

Archived