• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

new account and orders not saved into database

djtphn1

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and have a problem with my customers and orders being recorded in the database of my admin panel....Sometimes, the customer creates an account and it shows up in admin, but many times it does not....and the stuff that they order, never gets recorded in the database...sometimes the only way that I know I have an order is when they pay for it and I get a notice from paypal or whatnot.....if they pay w/ check or money order, the order and the customer usually show up ,as I have created a user and placed an order myself, however, when people pay thru paypal or other means, the orders or the customers do not get saved in the database.....Does anyone have a suggestion? i would greatly appreciate your help and thank you in advance.

Deborah

www.lingerieaffair.com

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and have a problem with my customers and orders being recorded in the database of my admin panel....Sometimes, the customer creates an account and it shows up in admin, but many times it does not....and the stuff that they order, never gets recorded in the database...sometimes the only way that I know I have an order is when they pay for it and I get a notice from paypal or whatnot.....if they pay w/ check or money order, the order and the customer usually show up ,as I have created a user and placed an order myself, however, when people pay thru paypal or other means, the orders or the customers do not get saved in the database.....Does anyone have a suggestion? i would greatly appreciate your help and thank you in advance.

Deborah

www.lingerieaffair.com

I am having the same (or similiar) problem. The customer creates an account in the oscommerce database, places an order (which never shows up in the database) and pays by credit card using Paypal. I get the notice that I have received money from Paypal, but no order notification from oscommerce and Paypal does not pick up the item/s that was ordered either. The customer information shows up both in oscommerce and in Paypal, but the item description only shows the name of my website. I placed an order to myself in oscommerce and paid by check and the oscommerce store did exactly what it was supposed to do.

How do we fix this?

I am having the same (or similiar) problem. The customer creates an account in the oscommerce database, places an order (which never shows up in the database) and pays by credit card using Paypal. I get the notice that I have received money from Paypal, but no order notification from oscommerce and Paypal does not pick up the item/s that was ordered either. The customer information shows up both in oscommerce and in Paypal, but the item description only shows the name of my website. I placed an order to myself in oscommerce and paid by check and the oscommerce store did exactly what it was supposed to do.

How do we fix this?

Go to "Contributions" and locate the PayPal IPN Payment Module v1.3 For s.sMS2(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679)

A customer must return to the store after paying for the item/s they wanted from your store. This is a necessary step in order to complete or add to their order. By doing this, the shop can generate an invoice and notification of the item/s in the customers' order back to your computer.

To the Forum: my appoligy for not looking in the Reported Bug or Contribution Sections first to resolve this.

Archived