• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Model Number

Wizard38

I am new to osCommerce and php, gut I have managed to figure most things out. The problem I am now having is I need to increase the amount of numbers allowed in the model number display. As the page looks like this.

Product Description

(Model Number)

The way this is laid out is ok for what I need, but it only allows about 12 numbers and I need up to 20 numbers. Does anybody now how do change this?

go to phpAdmin and ALTER the products_model 's ...it is set to varchar(12) jus change its length to 20...should be very simple to figure out:)

I am new to osCommerce and php, gut I have managed to figure most things out. The problem I am now having is I need to increase the amount of numbers allowed in the model number display. As the page looks like this.

Product Description

(Model Number)

The way this is laid out is ok for what I need, but it only allows about 12 numbers and I need up to 20 numbers. Does anybody now how do change this?

Simple Add-ons Please add simple plain tips here for others.

• 10 months later...
go to phpAdmin and ALTER the products_model 's ...it is set to varchar(12) jus change its length to 20...should be very simple to figure out:)

Ok, I must be over thinking this, but where is phpAdmin? Is it in the configure of the Store section or is it in the actual Store folder. I see an admin folder there but I don't see a php file. Can we just a little bit more detailed for those of us that have a hard time with php, please.

Thanks

You just need to edit the table structure in this question and this can be done by any interface i.e. in Windows or Linux you can directly do it by your MySQL query browser.

Oh, yeah I know. Usually I'll just log into my ftp application, and then open the file such as configure/index.php and change what I want. So if you know what the file is that controls the table structure I'll be able to change it lickety-split.

Thanks, all

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Sorry, to reply you late. You will need to modify your MySQL table under the osCommerce database which you have installed on your server. All .php files are scripting files not the database tables, so do one thing get the mysql login information from your host and login to your database, then find the table named with product* and change the value of product_model to varchar(20)

Do let us know if it helps.

Okay, guys can you let me know how can I get the thread reply and posts into my Outlook? I am new to this forum and sometime it is hard to look all my thread.

Best,

BLAMPES

Archived