• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modules don't save when I update in Admin area

charlie240

My payment and shipping modules are no longer saving when I update.

eg. If I change the shipping cost from 5.00 to 3.00 and click update, it doesn't save and remains at 5.00.

Anyone know what is wrong?

I am not actually sure where it is meant to save it? In the module file or in the database. Do I need to CHMOD the file to something?

Thanks in advance.

It saves it to the database (configuration table I think). Nothing to do with CHMOD (that's for files) but looks like you can't write to the database. If that's the case, then you should also be unable to create new customers, receive orders, create/update products etc. - as all of these actions write data to the database. However if they are working and it's only the shipping module which is down, then you'd need to look at the module code/script in isolation.

To clarify:

If your site is up -> it can connect to the database & read

If you can create/update products, customers can create accounts, create orders -> then your site can write to the database

If only the shipping module is down -> check the code/script as it's an isolated issue.

PS: The easiest way to check the database directly is via PHPMyAdmin - if you have access, just go the table & click "browse". You can also edit the settings in there directly via the edit button (usually a pencil sign).

all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Check this thread - should contain the solution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=231267&hl=

Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Archived