• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image contributions. Help me decide.

KPGroup

Hello,

I need to make some modifications to the images handling in my store (MS2 051113).

I want to:

- create thumbnails that will load instead of the large pictures (to save BW and increase loasing speed)

- display a few pictures for each product.

I was thinking about Automatic Thumbnail for the thumbnail creation.

Then I was hesitating between Ultrapics and Multi Images Extra.

- Which one would you recommend?

- Is Automatic Thumbnail easily made compatible with Ultrapics and/or Multi Images Extra?

- Any other/easier suggestions to get the features i want?

Thanks in advance.

I installed the automatic thumbnail contribution.

Now I found several contributions that seem like they will do the job I need (i.e. display multiple images in product pages).

Is there one better/more popular than the others?

I am debating between the following:

- More Pics 6

- Extra Images

- Additional Images Module

- Ultrapics

Please help me choose :)

That's funny... I was just about to post a question about this too!

I am also looking to make some adjustments to the images in my store. I'd like to have two images for each product. A larger image (different dimensions than the thumb) for the product detail page and then the thumbnail image for everything else?

BTW, I'm pretty new to OSC and I'm wondering what does MS2 refer to?

That's funny... I was just about to post a question about this too!

I am also looking to make some adjustments to the images in my store. I'd like to have two images for each product. A larger image (different dimensions than the thumb) for the product detail page and then the thumbnail image for everything else?

BTW, I'm pretty new to OSC and I'm wondering what does MS2 refer to?

I assume MS2 refers to MileStone #2.

I am in exactly the same dilemma as you guys trying to choose the best multiple images contrib. to install, as most of them have separate features I would like.

To make matters 10 times worst?. Try Installing the latest osCommerce Alpha 3.0 ( http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=225889 ) and see the PERFECT multiple images / thumbnail solution!

Now if only one of the coding geniuses :lol: were able to extract / emulate the Osc Alpha 3.0 multiple images feature for Osc 2.2, then he/she would be my personal hero :rolleyes:

I'm also looking for a multiple images solution. I don't mind doing the thumbnails manually (actually, I'd prefer that), but one of the main things I want is NO POPUPS. Ideally, there would be one big picture and several thumbnails beside it. Clicking on the thumbnail would change the big picture. This is similar to what you see in many eBay auctions. Any contribs that do this?

Archived