• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Home page changes itself!

Chrissie

This is odd! My store seems fine but I changed the headings in the boxes "Categories" and "Manufacturers" by editing the file english.php and changeing the heading text to "Departments" and "Suppliers" . I also changed the formating of the boxes using a contribution which worked great. The strange thing is that on loading the site everything is totally fine. However, if I click on one of the categories, it goes to that page; if I then click "back" on the browser (IE7) or "catalog" on the navigation bar it goes back to the home page but ..... "Departments" has become "Categories" again and "Suppliers" has become "Manufacturers"! I've searched everywhere (I think) and cannot see where those words are coming back from. Also the fomatting of the inside of the categories box has reverted to standard and doesn't look good anymore. Nothing else has changed!

I've deleted cookies, cache etc but the only way to get the wording and the formatting as I would like it is to close the browser and re-open. Then everything is as it should be ... until I move to another page!

This really is confusing me and I am probably missing something very simple but could somebody please point me to it. I would be extremely grateful!

Many thanks.

Archived