• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Found a cure for member approval

ComicWisdom

I discovered that when using Member Approval that after someone fills out the application, if they remain in the store they can order right away. However, if they leave the store they can't get back in just the way it is supposed to work.

(There is a possibility I installed a mistake, but I've done it 3 times and 3 work the same way.)

I have fixed it by adding the lines

<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- logoff new account //-->
<?php
 tep_session_unregister('customer_id');
 tep_session_unregister('customer_default_address_id');
 tep_session_unregister('customer_first_name');
 tep_session_unregister('customer_country_id');
 tep_session_unregister('customer_zone_id');

?>

Right after

<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

In: catalog/create_account_success.php

If this is all accurate would someone who knows how post it to the page for the contribution "Member Approval"

I know I saw the directions for doing this someplace, but I can't find them now that I need them.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

I discovered that when using Member Approval that after someone fills out the application, if they remain in the store they can order right away. However, if they leave the store they can't get back in just the way it is supposed to work.

(There is a possibility I installed a mistake, but I've done it 3 times and 3 work the same way.)

I have fixed it by adding the lines

<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<!-- logoff new account //-->
<?php
 tep_session_unregister('customer_id');
 tep_session_unregister('customer_default_address_id');
 tep_session_unregister('customer_first_name');
 tep_session_unregister('customer_country_id');
 tep_session_unregister('customer_zone_id');

?>

Right after

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

In: catalog/create_account_success.php

If this is all accurate would someone who knows how post it to the page for the contribution "Member Approval"

I know I saw the directions for doing this someplace, but I can't find them now that I need them.

sure, that would work. I took a different approach when I needed to debug this:

on create_account.php, I just did not register the customer!

commented the whole block out.

/*	  
  tep_session_register('customer_id');
  tep_session_register('customer_first_name');
  tep_session_register('customer_default_address_id');
  tep_session_register('customer_country_id');
  tep_session_register('customer_zone_id');

// restore cart contents
  $cart->restore_contents();
*/

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived