• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

gonna sound stupid but.....

Iniquityclothing

hi im new to PHP, i know html but cannot get two pages to link?? i need to link text from index.php to an HTML page, ive used Anchor (<a>) and href etc and the link displays correctly but aven though i have specified the path OScommerce trys and loads a page from the database for example, i wanna go to "www.google.com"

<a href="www.google.com">GOOGLE</a>

Thats how i would do it, but oscommerce is trying to do this when you click the link,

www.yoursite.com/index.php/www.google.com so obviously it comes back 404 error?

What am i doing wrong? is there something in index.php that is specifying osCommerce to add the "www.yoursite.com" b4 the actual link?

Cheers

View recent 'helpfull' threads:

403 Error problems | Ultimate SEO (contribution support)

There are a couple or three ways to do this.

1. Find a piece of html code in the program you want to put it in and use regular html coding.

2. create an html piece of code by using ?> to stop the php put in your htmal code and the use <?php to restart the code.

3. use this format in the php code. check out the single quotes.

'<a href="http://www.google.com">google way two</a>'

4. You hard code it in html in the template file.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

And don't forget the ";" at the end of the line which I left out

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Archived