• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attributes

kunal247

Hi,

We have several products that need attributes.

i.e. a new product (TV)

it has attributes like Cables, Brackets, Warranty etc.

and then each attribute has many types in it. i.e. Cables will have 1m cable, 2m cable, different branded cable etc.

so is there a way to set up the attributes once and then just assign then to new or exsisting products?

Which is the right contribution for it?

any screen shots & working examples?

Please help as it is much needed. also can this be added into a product tab in the description?

Hi,

We have several products that need attributes.

i.e. a new product (TV)

it has attributes like Cables, Brackets, Warranty etc.

and then each attribute has many types in it. i.e. Cables will have 1m cable, 2m cable, different branded cable etc.

so is there a way to set up the attributes once and then just assign then to new or exsisting products?

Which is the right contribution for it?

any screen shots & working examples?

osC's 'innate' attribute system does exactly this
Please help as it is much needed. also can this be added into a product tab in the description?

Also look into the 'master product' contribution. Here you can tie several products together but still buy them separately - your customers also would like to buy cables and brackets w/o a tv, right?

osC's 'innate' attribute system does exactly this

Also look into the 'master product' contribution. Here you can tie several products together but still buy them separately - your customers also would like to buy cables and brackets w/o a tv, right?

Thank you!

Yes they would like to buy the options just on its own as well.

Master Products is a big install and as far as what I have been told it can not be added to a modified store.

My store has already been heavily modified.

Need your opinion on this also any alternative solutions?

if your store is heavily modified I would choose to set up your products with attributes plus setup and sell the attributes separately as well. This way it is the least amount of work and it will work as an incentive for your customers to buy two products together with a discount. But one disadvantage is that bundles (tv+cable+bracket) will be more elaborate to set up.

You could also use Amanda's 'together discount', or suggest other products.

great thanks but i dont understand how to use it?? i have followed instructions in the file and uploaded the php file to the correct folder but nothing different appears in my admin/catalogue/product attributes its just the same?? do i need to remove something from my db or do i need to install it somehow?

View recent 'helpfull' threads:

403 Error problems | Ultimate SEO (contribution support)

were can i find this attribute system in contributions, whats the name cos when i search i dont seem to find it? cheers!

It's name is Master Products. That is what you would need to search for. It's here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...master+products

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

great thanks but i dont understand how to use it?? i have followed instructions in the file and uploaded the php file to the correct folder but nothing different appears in my admin/catalogue/product attributes its just the same?? do i need to remove something from my db or do i need to install it somehow?

You will need to post this question in the dedicated forum for this contribution.

Archived