• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add Fields in database

rwduc

I want to add a new field in databse (Ex: tables Products, field need add is Products_image_large).

Yes, this mean I need change databse and File admin/categories.php to add, edit it. All I want to view a image larger current pics.

Help me do it !

Thanks. :(

The shop already has that ability. You upload an image, say 200x200, then set the small image settings in admin->configuratin->Images to something smaller, say 100x100. When you go to a product the page, the image on the screen is displayed at 100x100 and the CLick to Enlarge image is shown at 200x200.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The shop already has that ability. You upload an image, say 200x200, then set the small image settings in admin->configuratin->Images to something smaller, say 100x100. When you go to a product the page, the image on the screen is displayed at 100x100 and the CLick to Enlarge image is shown at 200x200.

Jack

It has a lot more than that. First off, as stock there are four sizes of the image available including the original. Three of these sizes (all except the original) are user defined.

Second, multiple product views are available, that's to say you can upload more than one image per product and in the enlarged view you'll see thumbnails of the alternative views. Click on them to see the other views. This can be used for front and back views of the product for example.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

It has a lot more than that. First off, as stock there are four sizes of the image available including the original. Three of these sizes (all except the original) are user defined.

Second, multiple product views are available, that's to say you can upload more than one image per product and in the enlarged view you'll see thumbnails of the alternative views. Click on them to see the other views. This can be used for front and back views of the product for example.

I'm not aware of this ability. How do you add multiple images?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not aware of this ability. How do you add multiple images?

Jack

Just upload another image like you did the first. The star you see on the image in admin indicates which image is the default image, gold means it's the default. You click the dimmed star on a non default image to make it the default. You'll see all the available images for the product in the product/images view in admin along with the various sizes of each.

On the catalog side if there's more than one image available the thumbnails of the others will show in the enlarged view window (on the left). Click a thumbnail and the enlarged image switches to that one, very slick, the images fade in and out

There seems to be no limit to the number of images, earlier on, during testing the image feature for a bug I ended up with about 10. :lol:

I just now uploaded a second image to a product to refresh my memory. It's very simple.

Just look at the text in the upper left hand corner of the box enclosing the original image for a product. It reads - ?Original Images?

Just look at the text in the upper left hand corner of the box enclosing the original image for a product. It reads - ?Original Images?
Doesn't work that way here. When I upload another image, it just replaces the old one.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

This is how it looks...

Admin:

admin.png

Catalog, View 1

php_pro.png

Catalog, View 2

kitty.png

(The kitty is blurry because the image is being enlarged bigger than original size)

What version are you running? I believe the one I'm using is the one which was posted as an export on the downloads page.

It's worked like this for as long as I know. I helped debug the catalog view.

Here's another view of admin which shows the ?Move? tool (left hand original, the crossed arrows).

This appears on the image (originals only) when you mouse over it and you can drag the images around to reorder them in the Original Images box.

WithMoveTool.jpg

LOL. I see the problem. You are referring to an MS3 shop. I know we are all anxious but no one will be seriously using it for another year so you're a little ahead of the curve right now. :)

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hic ! Golly ! I am using a old version. Your skin of admin control panel diffirent with me. Yes. But I am correct my problem successfully by edit

file categories.php and general.php in admin folder, It is very hard to me

--------------|/\/\/\/\/\|-----------------------

Thank you Jack and AlanR

LOL. I see the problem. You are referring to an MS3 shop. I know we are all anxious but no one will be seriously using it for another year so you're a little ahead of the curve right now. :)

Jack

Ummm...

This is the ?Core Development? forum. No?

Pinned: Welcome to the New Development Server Discussion Area!

Yes, but the op wasn't talking about MS3 - at least that was my take on it, although I should have verified that to be sure. Like with many of the forums, I think the post was not in the correct place.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Like with many of the forums, I think the post was not in the correct place.
That's one of the reasons why the same questions are asked over and over again here. If the mods would take some time to move posts to the area(s) where they belong and pin a few more very important topics the forums would run much more efficiently. Entire threads in the Tips and Tricks forum are destroyed as far as usability is concerned because newbies fail to understand the purpose of that forum. I pretty much gave up because after answering the same questions a hundred times one gets a little tired and it does take time.

You can't really blame the newbies but there is a solution with more and better moderation.

Archived