• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can I copy my shop?

I have put together a shop which I am happy with, containing all the various features I need. However I want to use that same combination for various other shops I manage. Can I just copy the entire /catalog/ folder to the various other shops and then just edit the db_server entries? (If this is the case, are there any files other than /admin/includes/configure.php that need to be edited?)

Or, must I reinstall everything from scratch with every new shop?

Thanks

G

There are 2 configure files that would have to be altered: includes configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php.

As long as you make sure that the paths are correct and the database can be read, there shouldn't be a problem.

why not download a back up of your site, unzip extract catlog folder to another folder then insert install folder from original osc make the 2 config files writable now you install your shop with auto install

why not download a back up of your site, unzip extract catlog folder to another folder then insert install folder from original osc make the 2 config files writable now you install your shop with auto install

Archived