• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Another newbie needs help please

windkd

Good evening everyone. I am here to provide all of you with a good laugh, I am sure.

I found this great site today because I was searching for an easy way to add a large amount of products to the OSC package that came free via my hosting company. But, I am stuck at getting EasyPopulate installed...

The text file/manuals give me this info:

3. For adding link to the Admin, edit file admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php by adding this line:

OK (this is where you snicker at the new girl), where the heck do I find this catalog.php file?

I have looked everywhere and am about ready to take up drinking again. I do have the admin/includes/boxes directoy, but no catalog.php file to edit. And, I would really like to add the EasyPopulate function to my OSC admin.

I appreciate everyone's help.

Do not worry about hurting my feelings with your replies. Thank you!

go to your files folder where your oscommerce is saved

go to "admin" folder....than you will see "includes" folder...once you are in includes folder you will see "boxes" folder n in boxes folder a file called catalog.php

I wont recommend you to use easypopulate contribution yet...first get a bit more familiar wid files n folders...wid minor contributions:)

Edited by desidil4ever
Simple Add-ons Please add simple plain tips here for others.

go to your files folder where your oscommerce is saved

go to "admin" folder....than you will see "includes" folder...once you are in includes folder you will see "boxes" folder n in boxes folder a file called catalog.php

I wont recommend you to use easypopulate contribution yet...first get a bit more familiar wid files n folders...wid minor contributions:)

Thank you for your speedy reply! The problem is that I DID go to my file folders where my OS is installed and there is indeed an admin folder, and an includes folder and a boxes folder... but NO catalog.php file.

Thanks again for trying to help!