• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with my store PLEASE

SFF

HI,

I am still trying to learn this OsC shopping cart - my site

www.SimonsFeatheredFriends.com/catalog

My problem is I am getting notification from Paypal that I received a payment, however I never recieve anything that tells me I have an order. Worse yet, when I log into the admin section of OsC - there is no record of the order either. I can see the person signed on but under every possible way to retrieve or view an order, there is nothing for this person - yet I have a paypal payment for it.

PLEASE HELP! It's not good for business to have to ask the customer what they ordered - looks really unprofessional.

I'm having the same problem. I have to actually ask my customers to write in the comments section on paypal what they've ordered. That's the only way for me to know. I've trie everything but nothing seems to work. For some reason every 1-2 out of 5 orders are not recorded at all.

For some reason every 1-2 out of 5 orders are not recorded at all.

Oh boy - that is just not acceptable at all - have you asked for help before - can anyone please offer some advice. OsC is a wonderful shopping cart but missing orders like this is not an option whatsoever. I personally would not continue to do business with a store with this sort of a problem.

Oh boy - that is just not acceptable at all - have you asked for help before - can anyone please offer some advice. OsC is a wonderful shopping cart but missing orders like this is not an option whatsoever. I personally would not continue to do business with a store with this sort of a problem.

This one is pretty easy to explain and fix.

Due to the wonderful limitations with paypal and the default paypal payment module, if someone does NOT click the CONTINUE button below all that "wonderful" text on the final paypal page, you get payment...but oscommerce has NO way to complete their order. Thus next time they login it will still show same items in cart.

SOLUTION: Scrap the default paypal module and install one of the existing new Paypal IPN modules.

This one was created by the oscommerce team and seems to work fine, but you may wish to do some tweaking if needed:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679/

The advantage of this one, is that is presaves the order just BEFORE leaving for paypal website...so even if they do not click the infamous "continue" button, it will still save their order with a status of PAYPAL IPN PENDING.

Plus the system automatically checks with your paypal account to verify that the order DID go through and updates the order status.

Sincerely,

Bruce

19 contributions submitted

I've tried doing this but it messed up my whole website. I had to have backup done and lost a few customers along the way. Is there a step by step fool proof explanation on how to do this??

Thanks!!

You tried to install the paypal IPN module and it messed up your entire site? Not possible for it to mess up your entire site, since it essentially only consists of the module itself, some minor changes to the checkout_payments.php and checkout_process.php pages, and few other areas.

Can you be more specific where errors are occurring or did occur?

Plus I just reviewed the install instructions again on this contribution and it looks fine, I cannot see any issues with you so it is possible you may have just placed a code update on one of the checkout pages into the wrong location in the page.

Sincerely,

Bruce

19 contributions submitted

No, it did not exactly mess up my whole page but it didn't let anyone log in. When customers created an account and would click the submit button, it would only refresh the page and ask them to fill out the same information again. Someone said that I did something wrong with SQL or my php admin and I jsut didn't know how to fix that.

What instructions are you talking about? The "read me" when you download the contribution or??

Thanks!!

After days of tearing my hair out and wondering why the hell my orders weren't showing, I went and had a look at the orders status page in admin, and noticed that I had no status defined.. which causes the orders to not display. It helped me.. it might help you.

-------------------------------------------------------

I used to be insane, but now I'm just nuts ;)

Guys, First PayPal IPN does work and works well. Before you install it research here in the forums, all of the forums and read everything you can find. Then backup your site and database before doing anything else. Installing the contribution only takes around five minutes or so. But, the headache afterware are a nightmare. There is a ton of information in the Tips&Tricks forum and if I remember right that is where I found out how to really set it up. It is really easy after you do it.

Archived