• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Path for images

jbistuer

Hi everybody,

I have a problem displaying the images.

My images are stored in a folder under images folder (ex. ...\images\my folder).

When I configure my products, I put my folder/my image.gif in the products image box but I get nothing when I look my virtual shop.

I only see the image if I put my image.gif directly under the images folder.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Jordi

Firstly, I hope that you are not putting spaces in your files nor your folder names. This is a bad habit to get into, and can cause you problems.

Secondly, your images paths should be in this format: foldername/image.gif. If this is not working for you, check and make sure you are not using spaces in your folders, use dashes (-) or underscores (_). If this is not the case either, then post the section of the catalog/includes/configure.php file that references the location of your IMAGES.

V6 :thumbsup:

Firstly, I hope that you are not putting spaces in your files nor your folder names. This is a bad habit to get into, and can cause you problems.

Secondly, your images paths should be in this format: foldername/image.gif. If this is not working for you, check and make sure you are not using spaces in your folders, use dashes (-) or underscores (_). If this is not the case either, then post the section of the catalog/includes/configure.php file that references the location of your IMAGES.

V6 :thumbsup:

Hi again,

I tried all you said me but the problem remains.

Now my folder name is 003 and my image file is 003007.jpg but it doesn't work.

The section you ask is

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

Many thanks for your help.

Jordi

Two things.

First go into your webshell or ftp program and make sure your images uploaded with the right permissions. Sometimes they don't.

If that doesn't work, try changing your format to a gif.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Two things.

First go into your webshell or ftp program and make sure your images uploaded with the right permissions. Sometimes they don't.

If that doesn't work, try changing your format to a gif.

Ooooops, sorry. I missed a key point.

I'm developing in my laptop. I haven't uploaded yet.

If I put the same image directly under images folder, it works fine !!

Thanks in advance

Jordi

Archived