• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal discounts problems

jasper12

Does anyone know if there is a way of setting up/modifying the PayPal module so that when it is set to 'item' it passes on the quantity discounts?

I've tried a few discount contributions and they all revert to pre-discount prices when passed over to the PayPal payments page.

(My version of the PayPal contribution is PayPal_ipn 1.30)

In trying to use "Easy Coupon" & "Easy Discount" contributions with Paypal Website Payments Pro, the coupon discount shows during the checkout but doesn't get carried over to the Paypal total.

I have searched and searched and found this as a possible solution but not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Change checkout_process.php. The before_process of the payment modules was being called before calling the order totals modules. I don't think this should cause any side effects, but if anyone else sees a problem with this, feel free to chime in.

In checkout_process.php, change:

CODE

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

to:

CODE

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

The only problem is that when I checkout using a credit card, I get an error:

"(10520) The transaction was refused because the amount totals of the order do not match. Review the amounts of the transaction and resubmit."

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks again

~Mark

In trying to use "Easy Coupon" & "Easy Discount" contributions with Paypal Website Payments Pro, the coupon discount shows during the checkout but doesn't get carried over to the Paypal total.

I have searched and searched and found this as a possible solution but not sure how to troubleshoot it.

The only problem is that when I checkout using a credit card, I get an error:

"(10520) The transaction was refused because the amount totals of the order do not match. Review the amounts of the transaction and resubmit."

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks again

~Mark

Having similarly searched and searched, I have found that is not possible to force PayPal to display different amount and order totals. At the moment I'm looking into the possibilty of getting someone to write a script which would send off emails even if a customer does not return to the shop. This way I can set the PayPal IPN to "Aggregate" and the shop emails should automatically arrive at the same time with an itemized invoice.

Not entirely sure if this can be done yet, though!!

Pay Pal has no method of recording a discount, and this is why any discount or gift voucher used has to be passed to Pay Pal as an aggregate of the order total. Until Pay Pal change their system there's nothing that can be done about this.

No point in sending off an email if osCommerce Pay Pal IPN is set to Aggregate mode - because all you'll get is a notification of the total paid, and not an itemised account.

However, it should be possible in the future, to rewrite the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module so that it does not pre-save orders but returns the order details automatically to the shop, whether the customer returns from Pay Pal or not. This facility does exist, it's just that the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN is not coded to use it.

Vger

Pay Pal has no method of recording a discount, and this is why any discount or gift voucher used has to be passed to Pay Pal as an aggregate of the order total. Until Pay Pal change their system there's nothing that can be done about this.

No point in sending off an email if osCommerce Pay Pal IPN is set to Aggregate mode - because all you'll get is a notification of the total paid, and not an itemised account.

However, it should be possible in the future, to rewrite the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module so that it does not pre-save orders but returns the order details automatically to the shop, whether the customer returns from Pay Pal or not. This facility does exist, it's just that the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN is not coded to use it.

Vger

Thanks Vger!

How do you set Paypal to "Aggregate"?

Vger

Would it be possible to know where this facility is to be found - it would be very useful?