• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing zones etc

mark29

hi, in config of my store im trying to change the zone so its not frorida but it does not offer any other setting,

i am in the uk , is there anyway it can be changed and will more things need changing or updating for the uk thanks,

thanks for that im a bit of a newbie to all this , im from nottingham so do i just add the notting one, and where and how do i add it thanks,

just fount this, think it s how we do it, regards

INSTALLATION

1. Start phpMyAdmin

2. Select 'Zones'

3. Click on 'SQL'

4. Click on 'Browse...'

5. click on 'Export...'

6. Click on 'Browse' and select 'nameofyourfile.sql'

7. Click on 'Go'

8. You now have a complete list of counties in the database.

actually, do this,

php my admin, click on zones, copy and paste the below countrys etc or whatever yo9ur adding into the box and press go, done!!!

uk country are below if needed,

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","AVON","Avon");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","BEDS","Bedfordshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","BERK","Berkshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","BIRM","Birmingham");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","BORD","Borders");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","BUCK","Buckinghamshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","CAMB","Cambridgeshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","CENT","Central");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","CHES","Cheshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","CLEV","Cleveland");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","CLWY","Clwyd");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","CORN","Cornwall");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","CUMB","Cumbria");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","DERB","Derbyshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","DEVO","Devon");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","DORS","Dorset");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","DUMF","Dumfries & Galloway");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","DURH","Durham");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","DYFE","Dyfed");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","ESUS","East Sussex");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","ESSE","Essex");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","FIFE","Fife");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","GLAM","Glamorgan");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","GLOU","Gloucestershire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","GRAM","Grampian");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","GWEN","Gwent");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","GWYN","Gwynedd");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","HAMP","Hampshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","HERE","Hereford & Worcester");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","HERT","Hertfordshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","HUMB","Humberside");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","KENT","Kent");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","LANC","Lancashire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","LEIC","Leicestershire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","LINC","Lincolnshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","LOND","London");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","LOTH","Lothian");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","MANC","Manchester");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","MERS","Merseyside");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","NORF","Norfolk");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","NYOR","North Yorkshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","NWHI","North west Highlands");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","NHAM","Northamptonshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","NUMB","Northumberland");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","NOTT","Nottinghamshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","OXFO","Oxfordshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","POWY","Powys");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","SHRO","Shropshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","SOME","Somerset");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","SYOR","South Yorkshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","STAF","Staffordshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","STRA","Strathclyde");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","SUFF","Suffolk");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","SURR","Surrey");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","WSUS","West Sussex");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","TAYS","Tayside");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","TYWE","Tyne & Wear");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","WARW","Warwickshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","WISL","West Isles");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","WYOR","West Yorkshire");

INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES("222","WILT","Wiltshire");

Instructions:

To create a new zone:

Navigate to: http://<your domain>/catalog/admin/

Login using your username and password

Click on: Locations / Taxes

In the left navigation menu click (Under the heading Locations / Taxes): Zones

Click the button: new zone

Fill out the information form that appears on the right side of the page

Click insert

This has successfully created a new zone.

To set a zone as your current zone:

In the left navigation menu click: Configuration

In the main (center) part of the window, scroll until you find: Zone

Click once on: Zone

On right side of window click: edit

Select the zone you want

Click on: Update

And you are done. Be sure that you have the correct country listed (directly above the Zone value) first.

Instructions:

To create a new zone:

Navigate to: http://<your domain>/catalog/admin/

Login using your username and password

Click on: Locations / Taxes

In the left navigation menu click (Under the heading Locations / Taxes): Zones

Click the button: new zone

Fill out the information form that appears on the right side of the page

Click insert

This has successfully created a new zone.

To set a zone as your current zone:

In the left navigation menu click: Configuration

In the main (center) part of the window, scroll until you find: Zone

Click once on: Zone

On right side of window click: edit

Select the zone you want

Click on: Update

And you are done. Be sure that you have the correct country listed (directly above the Zone value) first.

Which is exactly what I've tried to do, only thing is, after setting my country to the U.K., all I get with the pull down zone menu is a blank box which won't accept anything in it so I can't change my zone from Florida.

Which is exactly what I've tried to do, only thing is, after setting my country to the U.K., all I get with the pull down zone menu is a blank box which won't accept anything in it so I can't change my zone from Florida.

So do what the 1st part of my instructions say BEFORE the 2nd part. This will create a new zone in the United Kingdom...

Then you'll be able to select that zone from the drop down list.

So do what the 1st part of my instructions say BEFORE the 2nd part. This will create a new zone in the United Kingdom...

Then you'll be able to select that zone from the drop down list.

Ok, I now have managed to set Dorset as my zone, so what is the text in the posts above all about and do I still need to paste it in somewhere? Do I actually need to input the info for all the other U.K. counties as at the moment the only way I can see to do it is manually :'(

Ok, I now have managed to set Dorset as my zone, so what is the text in the posts above all about and do I still need to paste it in somewhere? Do I actually need to input the info for all the other U.K. counties as at the moment the only way I can see to do it is manually :'(

As far as I know, yep.

As far as I know, yep.

So why do the contributions linked in post 2 above tell you to 'Append this to the mysql_catalog.sql file to add the UK Counties to the zones.'?

What I'd like to know is how and where exactly to do this as it would seem to be the correct way to do things maybe?

Archived