• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding custom fields at checkout

cdunton

Hi all,

I'm building a site for a company that rents baby equipment. I need to find a way during checkout for them to indicate what date they need the item delivered and when it will be returned. I get lost looking through the PHP code, so I was hoping someone could give a bit of advice. Thanks!

depends if your info is product related or order related ... there are contributions for both scenarios.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

depends if your info is product related or order related ... there are contributions for both scenarios.

In this case it would be order related, essentially once the checkout project begins there would be two inputs (preferably simplifed calendar type inputs) for a delivery date and a return date. Same dates for the entire order no matter how many items are rented. Can you point me towards any contributions?

Thanks!

in this thread it's discussed very well with instructions at the end. this is not a one size fits all instruction, so you need to adjust it to met your own needs

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90081

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived