• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 domains on 1 server

wonder woman

Is there a way to gain access to the 2 domain? Previous host designed site throught OSCommerce and some how added on the 2 site without changing the first, but I can't access the 2nd site since I have switched host. Can someone please help? I have searched and searched and can't seem to find answers. I'm new to all of this and trying to learn as much as I possibly can.

so you keep saying (asking).... it's probably something your host needs to be asked.

Good luck :)

the host that created this is no longer my host. I am now with godaddy.com and they keep telling me that some script in application_top needs to be change because there is an error on line 13. well I went there (I think) and I didn't see anything referring to wonderwoman1

I'm not sure what your asking.

Do you want 2 domains to point to the same site?

Do you want 2 stores with 2 domains?

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

I think the problem you having is people don't understand what you are trying to say.

A domain is a simple pointer to a folder on a server;

ydomain.com --> c:\webserver\ydomaindata --> Browser

To have two domains for one site you just point both at the same data.

So I don't understand you message about them change one site but not the other, they should be both the same.

If it's that you can't find who is controlling your domain name then you need to lookup WHOIS on google. Do a WHOIS on the domain and it may tell you who to contact. If you can prove you are the owner of the domain you should have no trouble getting access to it within reason.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OSC user for years and no coder, so I've earned my stripes.

Feel free to private message me.

I think the problem you having is people don't understand what you are trying to say.

A domain is a simple pointer to a folder on a server;

ydomain.com --> c:\webserver\ydomaindata --> Browser

To have two domains for one site you just point both at the same data.

So I don't understand you message about them change one site but not the other, they should be both the same.

If it's that you can't find who is controlling your domain name then you need to lookup WHOIS on google. Do a WHOIS on the domain and it may tell you who to contact. If you can prove you are the owner of the domain you should have no trouble getting access to it within reason.

Sorry, for not being clearer. Here it is. When I purchased this site (also the person that hosted it) my domain name was "domainname.com". Later I decided to change my domain name to "newdomainname.com". I could get to my site with either domain name (The host didn't remove domainname.com, they just added newdomainname.com to the same site.) Now, I have switched to a new host and I can only access my site using "domainname.com" when I really want to use "newdomainname.com". I have been trying to locate the file that would allow me to remove or replace "domainname.com" for "newdomainname.com, but I haven't been successful. I hope that I am explaining it better.

I think this is what I am trying to get at (ydomain.com --> c:\webserver\ydomaindata --> Browser). So are you saying that if I go into my webserver, whereever that is and change the domain name to whatever I want it to be, I should be able to access my site.

Ok, I think I undrstand now.

Do you have controll of the dns setting for your domain ?

If you don't know what I'm talking about PM your domain names and I'll see what I can find out to help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OSC user for years and no coder, so I've earned my stripes.

Feel free to private message me.

Archived