• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Graphic Designer needs help using os Commerce

sumo

I'm a graphic designer with extensive experience using photoshop and illustrator but I am new to web layout and ecommerce. I have a business idea that I think is viable but my resources are limited so I wanted to try to design my site myself, as I know I could definately handle the graphic side. I have come to realize that this will be a lot harder than I thought and I would like everyones opion on the route I should take. Should I continue trying to learn how to redesign my site without braking osCommerce or should I try to get some professional help?

Sumo,

Oscommerce is a good product...It is very moldable...which means you

can bend and push it into whatever direction you want...Back to your

question...It depends upon how much time and drive you have...

You will have to learn HTML...PHP and break into the nuts and bolts of

Oscommerce...There is this form to ask questions and there is documentation to also assist you...

I guess that sums it up...Oh it will be a awarding process...

I hope this helps.

dittone.com

Roman

Thanks for the support...I think I'll take your advice and try to do it myself. I know it may take a while but at the end of the day I would have saved some valuable cash and learned a new skill.

you have a pm mate.

Thanks for the support...I think I'll take your advice and try to do it myself. I know it may take a while but at the end of the day I would have saved some valuable cash and learned a new skill.

Archived