• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Info Box

lt_oneman

where abouts on your site is it supposed to be located?

right column? left column?

well i have added it to both left and right sides. it seems to show up 5 fimes on the left and about 9 times on the right. but i only added the line of code once.

well i have added it to both left and right sides. it seems to show up 5 fimes on the left and about 9 times on the right. but i only added the line of code once.

I guess this question is what over everyones head. sorry for asking such a hard question. i know no one has added a new info box to the site. and this has to be the reason nobody can help me with this.

it's just a simple box. thanks for all the help all. i thought this fourm would help but i guess not

I guess this question is what over everyones head. sorry for asking such a hard question. i know no one has added a new info box to the site. and this has to be the reason nobody can help me with this.

it's just a simple box. thanks for all the help all. i thought this fourm would help but i guess not

what?? we've all done much harder things than add a new infobox. the problem is you. youre not making any sense. first you say you cant get it to show up, then when someone tries to help youre saying its showing up nine times. start making sense, then maybe we can help you.

What? Yeah, I can do that.

what?? we've all done much harder things than add a new infobox. the problem is you. youre not making any sense. first you say you cant get it to show up, then when someone tries to help youre saying its showing up nine times. start making sense, then maybe we can help you.

this box i was asking about was just adding a new simple info box in the admin panle. it shows up in the admin panle but not on the site. thats what i was trying to get help with.

now as far it me saying it shows up 5 times. this was on another post about adding a google adsence box. that is what was showing up 5 time not the new box i adding in the admin panle.

your talking about two postings i made

yfi

this box i was asking about was just adding a new simple info box in the admin panle. it shows up in the admin panle but not on the site. thats what i was trying to get help with.

now as far it me saying it shows up 5 times. this was on another post about adding a google adsence box. that is what was showing up 5 time not the new box i adding in the admin panle.

your talking about two postings i made

yfi

two postings you made in this same thread. no where did you say it was for a google adsence box. read this thread over.

what contrib are you using that allows you to turn boxes on and off through the admin? STS or something? you have to tell us what contributions you are using. i can tell you how to add a box manually, but i dont know anything about STS or whatever it is thats letting you add them through the admin.

two postings you made in this same thread. no where did you say it was for a google adsence box. read this thread over.

what contrib are you using that allows you to turn boxes on and off through the admin? STS or something? you have to tell us what contributions you are using. i can tell you how to add a box manually, but i dont know anything about STS or whatever it is thats letting you add them through the admin.

ok again from the top

I downloaded Google_Adsense_Box_v1.1c and I installed it just like it said to do. and this google box is NOT show up on the site. Now i can see it in the Admin panle and I have add my add code in it but it's still not showing up on the site.

-------------------------------------------------------------

my other post was on a Paypal Verified Infobox 1.1

this is the one that shows uo 5 times on the left.

In column left or right add the following to where you want to show the box.

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'paypal_verified.php');

I added this to the left column and this is where it shows 5 times. yet it was only added once. I replaced the file and added it to the right column and it shows up about 9 time on the right.

We are not as smart as you or we wouldn't be asking such stupid questions. just trying to get some help.

ok again from the top

I downloaded Google_Adsense_Box_v1.1c and I installed it just like it said to do. and this google box is NOT show up on the site. Now i can see it in the Admin panle and I have add my add code in it but it's still not showing up on the site.

I added this to the left column and this is where it shows 5 times. yet it was only added once. I replaced the file and added it to the right column and it shows up about 9 time on the right.

We are not as smart as you or we wouldn't be asking such stupid questions. just trying to get some help.

its not a stupid question, you just werent being clear.

can you paste your column_left.php and column_right.php pages here? the ones that are giving you trouble.

ok again from the top

here is my left column

-----------------

<?php

/*

$Id: column_left.php,v 1.13 2002/06/16 22:08:05 lango Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

$column_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_column as cfgcol, configuration_title as cfgtitle, configuration_value as cfgvalue, configuration_key as cfgkey, box_heading from ' . TABLE_THEME_CONFIGURATION . ' order by location');

while ($column = tep_db_fetch_array($column_query)) {

$column['cfgtitle'] = str_replace(' ', '_', $column['cfgtitle']);

$column['cfgtitle'] = str_replace("'", '', $column['cfgtitle']);

if ( ($column[cfgvalue] == 'yes') && ($column[cfgcol] == 'left')) {

define($column['cfgkey'],$column['box_heading']);

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_BOXES . $column['cfgtitle'] . '.php') ) {

if ($column['cfgtitle'] == 'shopping_cart'){

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && ENABLE_PAGE_CACHE == 'true' && class_exists('page_cache') ) {

echo "<%CART_CACHE%>";

} else {

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

}

}else{

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . $column['cfgtitle'] . '.php');

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'paypal_verified.php'); <----------- this is where i added it and it shows 5 time.

}

}

}

}

?>

---------------------------------

if this isn't right then please show me where i should add it

well i dont know what all the extra code at the top is for, you never did say whether you were using a template system, i assume thats what thats all for. and you have a ton of closing } at the end, so id try adding it after those, like this

<?php
/*

Copyright ? 2002 osCommerce

*/

$column_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_column as cfgcol, configuration_title as cfgtitle, configuration_value as cfgvalue, configuration_key as cfgkey, box_heading from ' . TABLE_THEME_CONFIGURATION . ' order by location');

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && ENABLE_PAGE_CACHE == 'true' && class_exists('page_cache') ) {
echo "<%CART_CACHE%>";
} else {
}
}else{
}
}
}
}
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'paypal_verified.php');
?>

well i dont know what all the extra code at the top is for, you never did say whether you were using a template system, i assume thats what thats all for. and you have a ton of closing } at the end, so id try adding it after those, like this

<?php
/*

Copyright ? 2002 osCommerce

*/

echo "<%CART_CACHE%>";
} else {
}
}else{
}
}
}
}
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'paypal_verified.php');
?>

Yes that fixed it. thank you.

As far as my Google box. after installing it like the install file said to do this is what i see in my admin panle

googlecf8.gif

google2lk8.gif

and this still does not show on my site. do you have any idea's?

ive never dealt with the google adsense stuff. the google_ad_chanel has no setting, maybe thats it?

also, look in your column_right.php and see if that has any of the google adsense code in it. i donno how that contrib works so im just guessing here. perhaps the permissions on that file needs to be set to 777 before the changes can be made effectively through the admin?

ive never dealt with the google adsense stuff. the google_ad_chanel has no setting, maybe thats it?

also, look in your column_right.php and see if that has any of the google adsense code in it. i donno how that contrib works so im just guessing here. perhaps the permissions on that file needs to be set to 777 before the changes can be made effectively through the admin?

Well I went back over all the install setting and now this is working also.

thank you for your help

Archived