• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal orders - HELP?

sarahsjcrk

Hello- I installed the oscommerce shopping cart on my server. It works fine but - when I place an order through paypal it goes through to paypal but not in the control panel of the shopping cart (it shows that there are no orders) HELP?

install the paypal ipn from the contribs section. be sure to follow all the instructions. make sure when done at the paypal screeen that you finish and allwasys go back to you site. if you do not go back to your site it will not recored the transaction

This happens when the customer doesn't return to your shop to see the checkout_success.php after successful payment through paypal. Their shopping cart is still filled. You can solve this by installing the paypal IPN contribution. There is also an order logging contribution. They basically insert the order details into the database when the checkout_confirmation.php is called. It still doesn't fix the cart being filled but at least you can work with them in the admin section.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Thanks for the suggestions... I have verified that I have the PayPal IPN installed (osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2). I have auto return turned on in my PayPal account and have verified that customers are returning to my site.

At the main osCommerce admin logon (index.php), in the orders section on the left hand side of the page, it currently says I have 5 pending orders and 5 processing orders. As I checkout with new orders, these counts will incriment. But when I click on one of the links that take me to the orders.php page, it doesn't show any of these orders under any of the selections (all orders, pending, etc).

So it appears that the orders are being returned to the site, but for some reason I can't see any details of the orders when I go to the orders.php page.

Any ideas?

Did you check in the database that the details for the orders are stored in the orders tables so that everything is there but it's only not shown in admin?

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Hello- I installed the oscommerce shopping cart on my server. It works fine but - when I place an order through paypal it goes through to paypal but not in the control panel of the shopping cart (it shows that there are no orders) HELP?

I have the same problem. Also, when customer places the order and pays by PayPal, I'm not even getting an e-mail notification from PapPayl about this transaction. :blink:

Did you check in the database that the details for the orders are stored in the orders tables so that everything is there but it's only not shown in admin?

I just logged ran a "SELECT * FROM Orders" query and I saw about 10 records there. So I'd say yes, there are in there.

Anywhere else I need to check? I don't know if there are other tables that should have data in them too.

When you log into your admin account. In this blue overview page, the count for the different order status is correct? And when you go into admin -> orders they are missing? If that's the case, then it might be to do with the query on admin/orders.php but I can only copy you the code I got in my file.

Did you try to call up the order on orders.php by order number in the top right input field?

Any changes you made recently to your admin files?

abra

When you log into your admin account. In this blue overview page, the count for the different order status is correct? And when you go into admin -> orders they are missing? If that's the case, then it might be to do with the query on admin/orders.php but I can only copy you the code I got in my file.

That is EXACTLY the problem. This is a fresh install of osCommerce and there haven't really been any changes done to any of the admin files... installed PayPal IPN and that's about it. I think too that it is probably something wrong with the query, but where, what and why I don't know.

Did you try to call up the order on orders.php by order number in the top right input field?

I can access my orders using this method. Everything appears to be there.

That is EXACTLY the problem. This is a fresh install of osCommerce and there haven't really been any changes done to any of the admin files... installed PayPal IPN and that's about it. I think too that it is probably something wrong with the query, but where, what and why I don't know.

I can access my orders using this method. Everything appears to be there.

You may want to try Paypal themselves.

PayPal Account Configuration

AutoReturn

To minimise problems, enable the PayPal Auto Return in your PayPal account. Go to "Profile", click on "Website Payment Preferences". Set to "ON" and enter return path to the checkout_process.php file. Sample pathways are:

for sites with full SSL: https://yourdomain.com/checkout_process.php

for sites with shared SSL: https://yourserver.xssl.net/yourdomain.com/...ut_proccess.php

Customers will now be returned to your website automatically and unless the customers interrupts this process, the order process will be completed.

Note: Only enable AutoReturn if you have only shop linked to your PayPal account!

I do not know how this affects any other payments to paypal. From what I understand it only works with website payments.

This information was taken from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679 I used just this section and it worked for me.

PayPal Account Configuration

AutoReturn

To minimise problems, enable the PayPal Auto Return in your PayPal account. Go to "Profile", click on "Website Payment Preferences". Set to "ON" and enter return path to the checkout_process.php file. Sample pathways are:

I don't think PayPal is going to be helpful since their end is working right. It's the osCommerce end that isn't working right.

Autoreturn is on... it returns back to the page URL: https://www.myurl.net/catalog/checkout_process.php

It's saving the stuff back correctly... it just isn't displaying it on the orders.php page.

I have the same problem. Also, when customer places the order and pays by PayPal, I'm not even getting an e-mail notification from PapPayl about this transaction. :blink:

Did this just start happening to you? I had an order placed today that I did not receive an email notification from Paypal telling me I had money but I did see the transaction listed as complete when I logged into the Paypal website. I know that it was working as I received a notification from Paypal for a transaction I had on Sunday ... Grrr!

Well I can tell you now exactly where the problem lies...

It seems that the orders table is populating fine, but the orders_total table is not.

orders_total is completely empty... so when it tries to do a join of the two tables, the query returns nothing.

Any ideas how to fix this? What file SHOULD this table be populated at?

Have all orders been made through paypal?

You mentioned earlier that you have added the paypal ipn contribution. There are at least two different contribs for this out there. I'm using this one: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,paypal+ipn

If you installed the other version (which some say is not working properly), try uninstalling it step-by-step and installing this one. The database tables are filled when the customer leaves the checkout_confirmation.php for payment through paypal and it's updated when he comes back to checkout_success.php. In any case you need to make sure you added and changed all the code as instructed.

I think, this is where things go wrong.

abra

My guess is that something is missing/wrong in checkout_process.php

abra

Have all orders been made through paypal?

You mentioned earlier that you have added the paypal ipn contribution. There are at least two different contribs for this out there. I'm using this one: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,paypal+ipn

If you installed the other version (which some say is not working properly), try uninstalling it step-by-step and installing this one. The database tables are filled when the customer leaves the checkout_confirmation.php for payment through paypal and it's updated when he comes back to checkout_success.php. In any case you need to make sure you added and changed all the code as instructed.

Okay... I clicked the REMOVE button to remove the PayPal IPN, downloaded that version you linked above, copied it to my directory (which overwrote a couple old PayPal IPN files), and then clicked the INSTALL button in the admin console. But I still got the same results.

Anything else I missed? The checkout_confirmation.php and checkout_success.php files appear to be installed with the osCommerce shopping cart, is the next step reinstalling the whole thing?

Login to your paypal account. Choose Profile services from the top menu.Then choose Website Payment Preferences. Make sure you have auto return turned on. This returns your customer to your check-out allowing purchase information to be added to admin.

My guess is that something is missing/wrong in checkout_process.php

abra

Login to your paypal account. Choose Profile services from the top menu.Then choose Website Payment Preferences. Make sure you have auto return turned on. This returns your customer to your check-out allowing purchase information to be added to admin.

Autoreturn is turned on.

Are there any other settings in there I need to make sure I have right? I am using a secure site (https), do I need to setup PayPal to use encrypted data? Do I need to specify the location of the security certificate in the admin section?

Okay... I clicked the REMOVE button to remove the PayPal IPN, downloaded that version you linked above, copied it to my directory (which overwrote a couple old PayPal IPN files), and then clicked the INSTALL button in the admin console. But I still got the same results.

Anything else I missed? The checkout_confirmation.php and checkout_success.php files appear to be installed with the osCommerce shopping cart, is the next step reinstalling the whole thing?

Sorry, can't help you any further. My own checkout and paypal ipn files have been modified to integrate other contributions so I can't really compare them to the paypal ipn contrib files. Maybe the support thread for the contribution can help. I remember I added something to the modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php file. Might have been the process_before function but I'm not sure if it was in any context to writing in the orders tables. Just double check that you have anything like tep_db_perform with the table_orders, table_orders_details and table_orders_totals in checkout_process.php and the modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php. If you can't find anything connected to these tables, that's what you need to correct next.

abra

Once back on your site they must click the continue button on the checkout_success.php page. I added some text to that page telling my customers to click the button. I also changed the top text from your order is processed to say "Your order is being processed please click the continue button". Once that button is clicked and not until then your order will be added to the admin database.

Once back on your site they must click the continue button on the checkout_success.php page. I added some text to that page telling my customers to click the button. I also changed the top text from your order is processed to say "Your order is being processed please click the continue button". Once that button is clicked and not until then your order will be added to the admin database.

This might be correct for the original paypal module that comes with osC. The paypal IPN contribution certainly logs the orders once the checkout_confirmation.php is displayed and before redirecting to paypal. The cart is still filled until the customer comes back after successful payment with paypal and following the return to merchant link. He arrives on checkout_success.php and the cart is emptied.

Might be a stupid question, but have you got the original paypal payment module disabled?

Maybe a few more questions help to clear up the problem.

1. Is paypal ipn the only payment module the customer can choose from? If not, are orders using the other modules logged completely in the database (tables orders, orders_total and orders_products, orders_products_attributes, orders_status_history)? If the order is complete in your admin panel, that's working fine for those payments.

2. For orders using the paypal ipn module, is there any information in the orders tables and if, which info is there?

3. Can you place a complete order using the paypal ipn module. Check your admin panel before you proceed to paypal (ie. when the checkout_confirmation.php is displayed). Can you see the order with all the details? Is it incomplete (no products etc.)? Not there at all? Anything in the database tables?

4. When you complete above order including returning to your shop (ie. checkout_success.php is displayed), can you see the order in your admin panel? Is it complete? Not there at all? Anything in the database tables?

abra

Are they returning to checkout_success.php?

I had to change the wording of my catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_success.php to say Your order is being processed please click on the continue button. Then and only then is the order added to you database. The way the wording is before the change (Your Order Has Been Processed!) makes it sound like they are done and they are likly to leave your site.

Autoreturn is turned on.

Are there any other settings in there I need to make sure I have right? I am using a secure site (https), do I need to setup PayPal to use encrypted data? Do I need to specify the location of the security certificate in the admin section?

Might be a stupid question, but have you got the original paypal payment module disabled

It was disabled before... right now, it's not even installed. Does it need to be?

1. Is paypal ipn the only payment module the customer can choose from? If not, are orders using the other modules logged completely in the database (tables orders, orders_total and orders_products, orders_products_attributes, orders_status_history)? If the order is complete in your admin panel, that's working fine for those payments.

2. For orders using the paypal ipn module, is there any information in the orders tables and if, which info is there?

3. Can you place a complete order using the paypal ipn module. Check your admin panel before you proceed to paypal (ie. when the checkout_confirmation.php is displayed). Can you see the order with all the details? Is it incomplete (no products etc.)? Not there at all? Anything in the database tables?

4. When you complete above order including returning to your shop (ie. checkout_success.php is displayed), can you see the order in your admin panel? Is it complete? Not there at all? Anything in the database tables?

1. Paypal is the only option.

2. Everything is in the orders table apparently... date, custeromer info, I can see products. On the orders.php file, if I enter the order number I can bring up details of the order and nothing appears to be missing.

3. It goes into the orders table but not into the orders_total (or order_totals, I forget which) table.

4. It's there if I go directly to it with the order number, but it doesn't show up on any of the listings.

The order is being saved into the orders table, but on the orders.php and in the My Account area of the shopping cart, it does a join on the orders_total table and the orders table to display the data and since the orders_total table is empty, this query returns nothing.

I took a good hard look at the checkout_process.php file and it appears toward the end of this is when it inserts data into the orders_total table. But I don't think it ever gets that far... it appears when the Begin_Process function is called, it gets redirected to the checkout_sucess.php file... which I can't figure out why.

I looked at that function (in one of the files in the include) directory and it doesn't have anything in it saying that the page should be redirecting. In fact, the only reference I've been able to find to redirecting the page to checkout_success.php was at the end of the checkout_process.php file.

I deleted everything in the checkout_proccess.php file after the call to Begin_Process is made and ran a transaction. This caused me to be sent to checkout_success.php. So then I deleted the call to Begin_Process and ran another transaction. This time, I wasn't redirected.

So it appears that calling Begin_Process is prematurely redirecting the page (before data is inserted into Orders_Total) but for the love of me, I can't figure out why. It makes no sence... I can't find this redirect call anywhere.

The original paypal module should be disabled.

If you haven't modified the checkout_process.php for any other contribution, try uploading the one that comes with the original osC pack.

Any other contributions like GVCC or other order total modules installed in your shop?

Tell me how far you get with the original file.

abra

What should be put for the return url? Is it my 'checkout_confirmation.php'?

Archived