• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Front page help required

StuartNWT

Hello,

I hope you chaps can help me on this, im trying to edit the text on the front screen (see www.sellitglobally.com. Can it not be edited from the admin panel?

I have tried to do what it says on the front screen;

The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:

[path to catalog]/includes/languages/english/index.php

That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the Languages->English->Define or Tools->File Manager modules.

The text is set in the following manner:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...');

The text highlighted in green may be modified - it is important to keep the define() of the TEXT_MAIN keyword. To remove the text for TEXT_MAIN completely, the following example is used where only two single quote characters exist:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

But nothing seems to be simple!!!! As each time I try and edit between the ('Text Main') I get error messages.

Please help!

S Neale :blink:

Reverse publish your site. Bring all the files onto your computer.

The open index.php in a text eitor (or whatever you use for programming), find the lines, change them and republish yur web.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Reverse publish your site. Bring all the files onto your computer.

The open index.php in a text eitor (or whatever you use for programming), find the lines, change them and republish yur web.

Cheers, but I have tried to do that using Dreamweaver, ok ive opened the index.php file. Brings up the script. As yo u may see from the website, I have removed some stuff BUT each time I try to edit the left and right boxs disappear...

What im trying to do is add my own text or simply put something I want in the middle!!

Cheers, but I have tried to do that using Dreamweaver, ok ive opened the index.php file. Brings up the script. As yo u may see from the website, I have removed some stuff BUT each time I try to edit the left and right boxs disappear...

What im trying to do is add my own text or simply put something I want in the middle!!

If you make sure that you stay "INSIDE the ' ' " nothing should happen to your page or columns.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Archived