• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Losing money on shipping

Hi

Our store is a uk based store geared towards uk customers.

Yesterday a customer in the USA purchased an item and was charged our flat rate fee of ?2.95. This didnt cover the shipping, but we let it go. Now today we have 2 more USA orders and we need to figure out a USA shipping option.

At the moment we have our set up as follows.

Flat rate shipping is ?2.95 on orders below ?30

FREE shipping on all orders over ?30

The first USA order was over ?30 but OSC still charged the ?2.95 shipping, so it seems to know they arnt eligible for 'FREE shipping'

How can I make the store apply a USA shipping rate just for the USA customers?

Please, we need help here.

Thanks

Hi

you need to use zone based rates. Its a module already included in the download as standard.

yes overseas customers will spot shipping errors real quick and take advantage of them as this is where all ecommerce shops struggle. Shipping costs.

hope this helps.

Cheers

Sean

Hi

Our store is a uk based store geared towards uk customers.

Yesterday a customer in the USA purchased an item and was charged our flat rate fee of ?2.95. This didnt cover the shipping, but we let it go. Now today we have 2 more USA orders and we need to figure out a USA shipping option.

At the moment we have our set up as follows.

Flat rate shipping is ?2.95 on orders below ?30

FREE shipping on all orders over ?30

The first USA order was over ?30 but OSC still charged the ?2.95 shipping, so it seems to know they arnt eligible for 'FREE shipping'

How can I make the store apply a USA shipping rate just for the USA customers?

Please, we need help here.

Thanks

free is often better than cheap

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have looked a the zones rates module. It looks complicated with all the country codes and weights.

How would I simply have a flat rate for UK with free shipping over ?30 order value

And

A flat rate for say the USA and Europe, with no free shipping option

Keep it comming guys, thanks a million.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have looked a the zones rates module. It looks complicated with all the country codes and weights.

How would I simply have a flat rate for UK with free shipping over ?30 order value

And

A flat rate for say the USA and Europe, with no free shipping option

Keep it comming guys, thanks a million.

Look in the contributions for

shipping surcharge

or

region based rates

I have used both and they are well suited for your problem.

Tim

Look in the contributions for

shipping surcharge

or

region based rates

I have used both and they are well suited for your problem.

Tim

I had the same issue, firstly I downloade and international zone contribution, that automatically created me a zone for all other countries except my home country:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4431

Then I used a Table Rate and selected the ZONE as international zone. I used table rates based on weight for my store.

One trick to watch out for is go into your admin/configuration/shipping/packaging and make sure that the option for Larger packages - percentage increase - is set to 0. (or what ever you want it to be) otherwise you will find that shipping could be more than you expect as this option allows for shipping to be adjusted automatically based on the size of the package. It caught me out to start.

I actually have 3 shipping zones 1) new zealand (home base) 2) international and 3) australia

I added a second table rate for australian shipping the module to show you how to add extra table rates is

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2371

I hope this helps.

Archived