• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how do i restart the server?

catchmypixiedust

anyone know if the server will automatically restart or it has to be restarted mannually?

I am very sure that changes made via your control panel (Im guessing you changed register globals here), the changes will take effect almost immediately, without a restart on your part. I know from experience that if I changed any variables, such as php version, register globals, safe mode, it came up with a message like "changes will take effect within the hour".

I had b-one before. Thank God I changed! Not good for anything but a very, very, very basic store.

hello,

i don't know how to restart the server to make registered_global on to take affect?

please help

michael

I might have misundertood your question. Are you talking about changing the register globals setting on the server or about some changes made to your shop? I replied to the first. If it is the second, then, as Luke points out, you don't need to involve your host.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

oh man,

kind of confuse now!

got an email for my host said that they cannot restart the server because i am on a "share". if they restart it will affects everyone else.

bassically, i am trying to install oscommerce

1. upload everything to my root dir

2. got to www.mydomain.com/install

got error something like:

error_registered_globals = OFF, please enable it!

i then go to ini.php to have it ON

still not work ---> cannot go to the install page

then i search the forum to find answer ---> solution said is to restart server

then i go to my host control panel but cannot find anywhere that allow me to restart it!

can some one help please

michael

OK, I see the problem. Oscommerce requires register globals to be set to on. But most hosts are changing that setting to off. Your host won't reset that because it is a security risk. So what you need to do is install the contribution by the name of register globals. That will chang the osommerce code to work with the option being turned off.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived