• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Not Receiving Confirmation Email

dumbassgeek

Hi,

I realised I have a problem receiving confirmation emails when I asked a question earlier asking how to view comments a customer has made about an order (the answer was the notes are in the email).

I didn't realise that you receive confirmation emails and I have not been receiving them the whole time. I was receiving emails from paypal notifying my of the payment.

I have a couple of questions. Main one being: why am I not receiving confirmation emails? I can send customers emails, emails are sent out when I update the status of an order, I receive emails from the contact us page so no problems there.

How do you resend a confirmation email to yourself or can you?

Thanks

In your admin area go to: Configuration -> My Store -> Send extra order emails to:

Then enter your email address that you want confirmations to go to.

Tom

In your admin area go to: Configuration -> My Store -> Send extra order emails to:

Then enter your email address that you want confirmations to go to.

Tom

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. I did that (the original email address was correct, but I tried another to check and I've even switched back and checked again). Both times I then went through myself and ordered something to see what happens and nothing. No confirmation emails are being sent, when I order/pay.

I'm lost as to what exactly is going on. I'm really hoping I'm doing something silly and it's easy to sort out.

Kind regards

Hi, just some additional information that I just noticed.

When someone purchases and clicks to go to back the site this error appears

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class order_total web/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 13

Does the person have to return to the site after ordering for the confirmation email to be sent?

Also any ideas why this error is popping up?

I'm full of questions tonight.

Kind regards

when you pay with paypal the costumers needs to return to your shop in order for the order to be kept in the database of your store.

Otherwise you just get the notifications form paypal and the orders will not be stored on your shop.

Check the below link:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3725

Let me know if this solved your problem

when you pay with paypal the costumers needs to return to your shop in order for the order to be kept in the database of your store.

Otherwise you just get the notifications form paypal and the orders will not be stored on your shop.

Check the below link:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3725

Let me know if this solved your problem

Hi, I just tried that. It does force the return to my website, even though I specified the home page, it keeps returning to the checkout_process.php file and I still get this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class order_total web/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 13

Any ideas?

I'm assuming the error stops the confirmation email being sent.

Your assumption is correct - it is checkout_process.php that processes the orde - it records the order in the database, sends an email to the customer, sends an extra email if requested, updates stock levels etc etc etc

I assume that none of this is happening for you??

The error you have posted is suggesting a problem in checkout_process.php - has this file been modified in anyway? - perhaps post a copy of the file (as error is on line 13 - perhaps post from start to just after that line).

Tom

I have got the same exact problem...Would appreciate any help...Here is my checkout_process.php

Thanks in advance for your help.

<?php

/*

$Id: checkout_process.php,v 1.6.2.1.2.2 2005/09/21 20:57:16 Michael Sasek Exp $

osCMax Power E-Commerce

http://oscdox.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

include('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot(array('mode' => 'SSL', 'page' => FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT));

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

if (!tep_session_is_registered('sendto')) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

if ( (tep_not_null(MODULE_PAYMENT_INSTALLED)) && (!tep_session_is_registered('payment')) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

Hi,

Thanks. I am receiving orders in the admin section and payment via paypal. So my shop has been running OK. Confirmation emails would be nice (as that's the only way I can receive notes about the order), and I also am starting to realise this may be why when items are sold they are not registered with my best sellers.

I am using oscMax.

What is the difference beteween oscMax and osCommerce? A company set up the website for me and I am now maintaining it (I have been able to solve most problems so far).

Is the error not in order_total.php? as that's what it's coming up with in the error log

My checkout_process is the same as Jasper's If you get it to work Jasper can you post back and I will do the same.

Here's a bit of my order_total file from line 13

class order_total {

var $modules;

// class constructor

function order_total() {

global $language;

if (defined('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSTALLED') && tep_not_null(MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSTALLED)) {

$this->modules = explode(';', MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSTALLED);

reset($this->modules);

while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/order_total/' . $value);

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'order_total/' . $value);

$class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));

$GLOBALS[$class] = new $class;

}

}

}

Thanks for all your help so far

I checked around oscMax forums and found the answer. It's very simple and I've checked it out and it all works a treat!

In /catalog/checkout_process.php uncomment line 53 (remove the two // ):

// $payment_modules->before_process();

and comment out line 69 (add two // to the beginning of the line):

$payment_modules->before_process();

I hope this works for you too.

Kind regards

Archived