• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is it possible to take a populated catalog and copy its contents to a new catalog on a new server?

bigvick

We have been having some serious problems with our current oscommerce install. And we were thinking about doing a fresh install on our new VPS server. This is the only thing I can think of to help remedy the problems we are having. If we do this, I was wondering if there is anyway to take all the work we've previously done on the old catalog and bring it into the new catalog?

Anyone?

[email protected]

:'(

We have been having some serious problems with our current oscommerce install. And we were thinking about doing a fresh install on our new VPS server. This is the only thing I can think of to help remedy the problems we are having. If we do this, I was wondering if there is anyway to take all the work we've previously done on the old catalog and bring it into the new catalog?

Anyone?

[email protected]

:'(

Yes it is very easy....

Use the catalog/admin/tools/backup facility and download a copy of your SQL

Use an FTP client to download the whole catalog to your computer/PC (ie your store)

Upload the catalog using an FTP client to your new server

Add the SQL using phpmyadmin (or alike)

Pay attention to what both your configure.php files show as the database name as you will probably have to change both files to the same name as the database you have just created to add your SQL to.

I can't really get much clearer than that!

If you have problem just run a search engine query and hundreds of pages should come up with detailed answerss on how to do it. Good Luck

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Yes it is very easy....

Use the catalog/admin/tools/backup facility and download a copy of your SQL

Use an FTP client to download the whole catalog to your computer/PC (ie your store)

Upload the catalog using an FTP client to your new server

Add the SQL using phpmyadmin (or alike)

Pay attention to what both your configure.php files show as the database name as you will probably have to change both files to the same name as the database you have just created to add your SQL to.

I can't really get much clearer than that!

If you have problem just run a search engine query and hundreds of pages should come up with detailed answerss on how to do it. Good Luck

Thanks for the help!

Im a newbie to all of this, and all the help I can get is much appreciated...

Archived