• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free Shipping Configuration

In the Admin/Configuration/Shipping area I have answered "True" to this question:

Do you want to allow free shipping?

But then when you go to a product to set up price, tax, etc. I see nothing that allows me to select that a product would have "Free Shipping".

How do you get it so a product can have "Free Shipping" - that choice does not show up in the product area although it is set up in my configuration area.

Thank you

I have messed with my Shipping Modules so much I couldn't tell you exacly. You need to go to Modules>Shipping. Install flat rate and change the cost to 0.00.

Then you can change what appears on your checkout page by editing that shipping modules /catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/flat.php. That all depends on which shipping module you install.

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

The 'Allow Free Shipping' is not by product. You either allow it or you don't, but you can select a minimum spend - after which everyone gets free shipping on everything.

If you want only certain products to have free shipping it's more complicated.

1. All non-free shipping products must have a weight

2. Give zero weight to products you want to have free shipping

3. Enable downloads in osC admin

4. Install a small contribution that skips the shipping page if the weight is zero.

If you do this but don't give weights to your other products then everyone will get free shipping!!

Vger

The 'Allow Free Shipping' is not by product. You either allow it or you don't, but you can select a minimum spend - after which everyone gets free shipping on everything.

If you want only certain products to have free shipping it's more complicated.

1. All non-free shipping products must have a weight

2. Give zero weight to products you want to have free shipping

3. Enable downloads in osC admin

4. Install a small contribution that skips the shipping page if the weight is zero.

If you do this but don't give weights to your other products then everyone will get free shipping!!

Vger

Thank you - Can you explain #3 and #4 -

Thanks - the contribution did not tell me what file to edit - it said shipping.php but there a few of those - what is the path for the file you want me to edit?

Can someone tell me where he was asking me to edit the shipping.php file? What is the path?

I downloaded that contribution and in the read me text it says:

Very simple, in 'checkout_shipping.php' find the lines here:

That file is in /catalog/checkout_shipping.php

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

Archived