• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Create next page?

warrenerjm

Hi

I have a gallery page which I have filled & I want to be able to have a next page/previous page link or button at the bottom. The trouble is I do not know how to do this, or what special things I have to do to create a page 2, page 3? :huh:

I have created new pages with links in the info box, & new pages that have a link from another page(via a name)

I have tried to look for the code that might be the [<<Prev]1 2...[Next>>] code, but :blink:

I would be very grateful for a pointer with this one please. :)

Thank you.

Julie

Julie. Although I don't have a working example to show you for the first one, here are two options that might help:

(1) I know of one author who used Mo Pics, and just added the popup navigation to it.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1611

Outside of OSC,

(2) I have seen this work: http://jalbum.net/ and here is working example of this: http://www.tsurishopjapan.com/customer_gallery.php

This author knows what she's doing, and makes a ton of sites, and she's done this a couple times, and it has worked fine.

Here are the instructions for using #2:

1. Installed the software

2. Add a folder of photos to the program

3. Find a template that you like

4. Hit publish which should do an FTP upload to your server

5. In your sever, find the file index.html of the programs gallery and copy the link to it

6. Find the file catalog/includes/languages/english/myfiletoadd a gallery file and add this code:

<iframe src="album/index.html" width="512" height="370">

Please use a browser that supports iframes

</iframe>

Change the width to blend in with site, if necessary.

Here is the tips and tricks link for #2:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=228190

Hope this is what you were looking for and it helped

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

oops ... I meant ... the author who uses solution #1 has done it to a ton of sites, so #1 is a credible option, just as #2 is. Good luck.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Julie. Although I don't have a working example to show you for the first one, here are two options that might help:

(1) I know of one author who used Mo Pics, and just added the popup navigation to it.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1611

Outside of OSC,

(2) I have seen this work: http://jalbum.net/ and here is working example of this: http://www.tsurishopjapan.com/customer_gallery.php

This author knows what she's doing, and makes a ton of sites, and she's done this a couple times, and it has worked fine.

Here are the instructions for using #2:

1. Installed the software

2. Add a folder of photos to the program

3. Find a template that you like

4. Hit publish which should do an FTP upload to your server

5. In your sever, find the file index.html of the programs gallery and copy the link to it

6. Find the file catalog/includes/languages/english/myfiletoadd a gallery file and add this code:

<iframe src="album/index.html" width="512" height="370">

Please use a browser that supports iframes

</iframe>

Change the width to blend in with site, if necessary.

Here is the tips and tricks link for #2:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=228190

Hope this is what you were looking for and it helped

Hi Jason

Thanks.

I do not know enough about coding to pick apart a contribution, & I am using no 2, which is great!

That is why I want a page1, page2, page3 etc gallery.php :D

Julie

Have you looked at this mod:

Previous - Next - With detailed info

Previous Next Contribution v0.1

Build by Nirvana and Yoja

This contribution makes an previous and next button in the product_info.php page indepent from where you came.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1164

I did something similar on my site. My Webpage Look at the bottom of the page and you will see the text NEXT as a link. Clkicking that text takes you to the next page where previous next shows. If this is what you ned the code you should enter is

<TD class="main"><P align="center"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_COMPUTER_CREATOR_HELP2); ?>"><<Previous</a>  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_COMPUTER_CREATOR_HELP4); ?>">Next>></a><br>

Use the first bit of the code to give you a next text and the last bit to give you a previous text. You will obviously have to alter the FILENAME text to suit your new page names.

I created the new pages by copying the original then renaming them. remembver to define these pages in you includes/filenam.php

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Have you looked at this mod:

Previous - Next - With detailed info

Previous Next Contribution v0.1

Build by Nirvana and Yoja

This contribution makes an previous and next button in the product_info.php page indepent from where you came.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1164

Hi Jeff

Thank you for finding that. I will have a look, as buttons are good, but I wish I was more adapt at reading & de-cyphering code!

Julie

I did something similar on my site. My Webpage Look at the bottom of the page and you will see the text NEXT as a link. Clkicking that text takes you to the next page where previous next shows. If this is what you ned the code you should enter is

<TD class="main"><P align="center"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_COMPUTER_CREATOR_HELP2); ?>"><<Previous</a>??<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_COMPUTER_CREATOR_HELP4); ?>">Next>></a><br>

Use the first bit of the code to give you a next text and the last bit to give you a previous text. You will obviously have to alter the FILENAME text to suit your new page names.

I created the new pages by copying the original then renaming them. remembver to define these pages in you includes/filenam.php

Hi Steve

Thanks. That has helped. Could you use your code to put a "Next Page" &/or "Previous Page" button in the bar that goes along the bottom, to the left of the continue button? Your text looks great on your site, just asking in case it is possible. :thumbsup:

I understand I have to copy my gallery page 1 & rename gallery2.php, then define this new page in the FILENAME page. And that will do? :thumbsup:

Thanks

Julie

Hi

OK. I am thinking that if I look at the code for the gallery page (catalog/gallery.php) & find the continue button, I can duplicate with the "next" button (page 1) & "next" & "previous" (page 2 etc)?

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_specials.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">

<tr class="infoBoxContents">

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

I do not know where this bit of code should start or finish to be complete, & where to put it back into the page BUT would this work to create a next button to my gallery 2 page?

<tr>

<td align="center"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GALLERY_2) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_next.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_NEXT) . '</a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

& this for the previous page?

<tr>

<td align="left"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GALLERY) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_previous.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_PREVIOUS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

How would I add both these to get the next & previous buttons to the left & center of the "Continous" button on the right please?...If this works at all! :huh:

Would really appreciate some guidance on this please. :D

Thanks

Julie

OK. Sorted :D

I just copied this line & pasted one above & one below. Then amended the buttons, uploaded the images & it worked. :thumbsup:

<td align="center"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_next.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Julie

Archived