• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

exceeded max questions resource

healthyb

1226 - User 'healthyb_p_os2' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

WOULD ANYONE BE ABLE TO TELL ME WHY I AM GETTING THIS MESSAGE ON MY CATALOG FOR THREE DAYS NOW!!

THANK YOU

Joanne

You are exceeding the maximum queries per hour limit, set by your host. Although 50000 is a lot, a standard osC installation has around 100 queries per page. 10 pages equates to 1000 queries, times 50 concurrent connections, eats up the resources.

You can ask your host to raise the limit but you probably also need to optimise the queries, moreso if you have installed any mods.

One simple way to optimise, is to shut off the product count. If you have lots of categories and products, this will reduce the queries considerably.

Check this thread for tips from someone who should still be here! :-"

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119077

If you are able, you could create another user or two and rotate them. That should reset the limit.

If your store warrants it, you could upgrade to a dedicated server. Then you wouldn't get problems like this.

I had the same problem when I was on Ipowerweb - created new users but that only lasted a day or so and then more and more and more - - -

they told me the solution was to upgrade hosting - moved to a different host and and now moving my other OSC sites and Joomla and Nuke - - anything with a database - had a problem with a Nuke site recently as well

they may be cheap and good but the database useage is rough over there - or where you may be, doesn't matter

good luck

Archived