• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Making different user logins

Sonskyn

I need some help. I want to make different login for my clients. for example a "Service Login" and "Car service login" and when my client login on that specific login that login have different products.

Will this mean that I would have to right hectic code to do so or is there any contributes that can do that for me. I'm a real newbie any advice

Thanx alot

Although this system can present other coordination problems, the easiest way I know of to do this is to set up a sub-domain and an additional instance of oscommerce.

On your main home page, you put a link directing your customers to the particular facility they want.

I'm sure other folks may be able to come up with solutions that are more easily coordinated.

With the sub domain, you can link both sites to the same database if need be, though it would probably be easier to separate the products if you use two databases as well.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Archived