• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add Comments About Your Order

dumbassgeek

Hi,

I got a website designed about 6 months ago. Someone else set it up for me. Over the last few months I've been able to sort out all the problems I've had from installing new contribs, fixing and changing things but this one has left me stuck.

When the customer purchases an item they can add additional comments about the purchase. This is something that is maybe used by 1/5 of my customers so while it's not essential it is used and handy to have and the information when provided can be quite important to the order.

Problem is that when a customer adds a comment about the order(when it's placed) I cannot find the the note. Nothing appears in the customer order in my admin panel.

Where is it supposed to appear and any idea why it is not showing up on the customer order.

One thing if I add a note to the order this appears.

Any suggestions what may be going on? This has me confused.

Thanks

If the code has not been broken, the note appears at the top of the confirmation email.

Go into to the admin section and fill out the send other email item with your email address. When you recieve the email the note should be near the top.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

If the code has not been broken, the note appears at the top of the confirmation email.

Go into to the admin section and fill out the send other email item with your email address. When you recieve the email the note should be near the top.

Thanks. Right this is where it must be going wrong. I don't get a confirmation email when someone orders, I rely on getting a confirmation email from my payment processor.

I also cannot see when you can send other email item.

Any ideas, what is not installed or wrong?

Cheers

Archived