• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Information

Scraptastic

go to catalog/includes/languages/english/shipping.php and conditions.php

enter your text between the '' marks. you will see where it says define('textinformation', 'put your text here'); just enter your text between the two marks.

Hi,

Every time I try to change information between the " marks, this is the error I get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/edbeardj/public_html/store/catalog/includes/languages/english/shipping.php on line 35

can you please tell me what on earth I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Kelly

you might have an apostrophie in your text. If you do you need to comment it out. post your line of code and somebody can tell you whats wrong with it.

Hi Ken,

I am going to put the whole thing in this post. It includes the regular code already done by osCommerce. I checked the text I put in and there were no apostrophies. But here it is, I am so curious as to what might be wrong as this has happened before to me.

Starts now:

<?php

/*

$Id: shipping.php,v 1.4 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Shipping & Returns');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Shipping & Returns');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'SHIPPING INFORMATION AND RATES

Most orders are shipped within 7 - 10 business days from when we receive your order and payment. Custom orders may take longer, please e-mail us for the time frame on those orders. If we are out of stock of a particular item and your order may take longer, we will contact you immediately.

All items are mailed flat in sturdy reinforced packaging. We ship both Fedex Ground or residential and United Postal Service Priority mail only depending on your location and size of order. All packages are sent insured, delivery confirmation with a signature required where applicable.

All International or Canadian orders are shipping through the United Postal Service. Due to our experience we have found that Duty on packages that are shipped via UPS and FedEx are much higher than with the Postal Service. We prefer to ship regular Air Mail as Surface Mail takes up to 6 weeks for delivery and packages run a higher risk for damage. Our customers will be responsible for Duty when your package is delivered to you.

For International or Canadian orders, please submit your order to us and we will calculate the shipping charges for you and reply with your total amount due.

SHIPPING RATES WITHIN THE UNITED STATES

Our rates are based on current shipping rates which is usually Fed Ex ground or USPS Priority. If you have an urgent need to get your prints overnight, two day or three day, please contact us for the price at that time. Also, let us know if this is a gift and we will be sure to send the package unidentified aside from the business name and return address.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING DAMAGED PACKAGES

Though we package our products with heavy mill corrugated cardboard and seal all contents from weather damage, packages sometimes do get bent, run over by delivery trucks, delivered to the wrong house, abducted by aliens, etc.

In such cases we follow a strict policy - our customers come first. We promptly contact the carrier, UPS or Postal Service at that time they send out a driver to reclaim the package.

PLEASE BE SURE TO KEEP ALL PACKAGING AS ALL INSURANCE IS VOIDED IF THE CARRIER CAN NOT DETERMINE THE IMPACT OF DAMAGE. We will refill your order and ship it out to you immediately. If you ordered a one of a kind item or the last in a sold out limited edition we will reimburse you immediately. We don't believe in making our customers wait for an insurance settlement check from our carriers before they get reimbursed.Put here your Shipping & Returns information.');

?>

Hi Ken,

I am going to put the whole thing in this post. It includes the regular code already done by osCommerce. I checked the text I put in and there were no apostrophies. But here it is, I am so curious as to what might be wrong as this has happened before to me.

Starts now:

<?php

/*

$Id: shipping.php,v 1.4 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Shipping & Returns');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Shipping & Returns');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'SHIPPING INFORMATION AND RATES

Most orders are shipped within 7 - 10 business days from when we receive your order and payment. Custom orders may take longer, please e-mail us for the time frame on those orders. If we are out of stock of a particular item and your order may take longer, we will contact you immediately.

All items are mailed flat in sturdy reinforced packaging. We ship both Fedex Ground or residential and United Postal Service Priority mail only depending on your location and size of order. All packages are sent insured, delivery confirmation with a signature required where applicable.

All International or Canadian orders are shipping through the United Postal Service. Due to our experience we have found that Duty on packages that are shipped via UPS and FedEx are much higher than with the Postal Service. We prefer to ship regular Air Mail as Surface Mail takes up to 6 weeks for delivery and packages run a higher risk for damage. Our customers will be responsible for Duty when your package is delivered to you.

For International or Canadian orders, please submit your order to us and we will calculate the shipping charges for you and reply with your total amount due.

SHIPPING RATES WITHIN THE UNITED STATES

Our rates are based on current shipping rates which is usually Fed Ex ground or USPS Priority. If you have an urgent need to get your prints overnight, two day or three day, please contact us for the price at that time. Also, let us know if this is a gift and we will be sure to send the package unidentified aside from the business name and return address.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING DAMAGED PACKAGES

Though we package our products with heavy mill corrugated cardboard and seal all contents from weather damage, packages sometimes do get bent, run over by delivery trucks, delivered to the wrong house, abducted by aliens, etc.

In such cases we follow a strict policy - our customers come first. We promptly contact the carrier, UPS or Postal Service at that time they send out a driver to reclaim the package.

PLEASE BE SURE TO KEEP ALL PACKAGING AS ALL INSURANCE IS VOIDED IF THE CARRIER CAN NOT DETERMINE THE IMPACT OF DAMAGE. We will refill your order and ship it out to you immediately. If you ordered a one of a kind item or the last in a sold out limited edition we will reimburse you immediately. We don't believe in making our customers wait for an insurance settlement check from our carriers before they get reimbursed.Put here your Shipping & Returns information.');

?>

see 2nd last sentence

Well....Don't mind me while I sit here hitting my head on my desk. (DUH) I read through the thing a couple of times and just didn't see the darn thing! I was copying and pasting from old dialog we had from somewhere else on our site so by not actually re-typing was not aware of the apostrophie.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I think I must have done that before and that is why I had problems once before.

I am actually really learning to enjoy our osCommerce and help like this forum makes it even better! (you are all more helpful than a server!) :D

Thanks again!

Kelly

Well....Don't mind me while I sit here hitting my head on my desk. (DUH) I read through the thing a couple of times and just didn't see the darn thing! I was copying and pasting from old dialog we had from somewhere else on our site so by not actually re-typing was not aware of the apostrophie.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I think I must have done that before and that is why I had problems once before.

I am actually really learning to enjoy our osCommerce and help like this forum makes it even better! (you are all more helpful than a server!) :D

Thanks again!

Kelly

Well I still can't get it right. I have done it 3 times now and each time I lose my whole site. It comes up error. I went back and removed apostraphe but still the same. I am about to throw the whole thing away as my head is about to explode. I keep stuffing up everytime I do something new. Pity there was someone that could do this for me. Some people just weren't born with a computer in their hand lol.

Archived