• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Store Feeds Contribution

mushindo

In response to the numerous reported issues and suggestions I have received so far for this contribution, I am starting a new thread to discuss:

- reported bugs

- fixes made

- suggested improvements

Over the coming few weeks I will be making some improvements to the coding to combat against incompatibility errors many people have found with the automatic uploads, plus adding some new features in based upon your feedback.

So anyone having issues or suggestions for improvements I ask that you post them here, and I will post either fixes, or notifications once new versions have been released.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Bruce

19 contributions submitted

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few people have reported running into errors like the following when running the froogle.php page:

Warning: fopen(/home/specialt/public_htmlfeeds/thermaltech.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/specialt/public_html/thermaltech/shop/admin/froogle.php on line 336

Here is an explanation of this error and a solution.

1. OPEN /ADMIN/FROOGLE.PHP.

2. Search for:

$OutFile = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT."feeds/".FROOGLE_FTP_FILENAME;

The issue causing this for some people is the DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT variable, found within the /admin/includes/configure.php page.

Here is an example of a common definition for this variable that will toss that error:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/somesite/www'); // where the pages are located on the server

And here is the proper way this should be listed:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/somesite/www/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Notice at the end of the second example there is a / after the www. Without this / you will continue to run across this problem.

You have one of two solutions:

A. Change this in the /admin/froogle.php page from this:

To this

$OutFile = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT."/feeds/".FROOGLE_FTP_FILENAME;

B. Change the DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT in the /admin/includes/configure.php from this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/somesite/www'); // where the pages are located on the server

To this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/somesite/www/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Hope this helps out.

Sincerely,

Bruce

FTP LOGIN ISSUE:

With the revamp of Froogle, now called Google Base, their system now requires you to do the following for creating a bulk upload for your store:

1. Create a bulk upload: indicate filename, title, description, and optional URL.

2. Create a new FTP account: many people miss this one and just use the email / password to FTP into google for uploading bulk uploads.

The issue I have run across today, and confirmed with 3 other customers, is that after setting up an FTP login set and including it into your admin "feed settings" section, it continued to come back with the FTP connection errors most people are reporting.

My next step in troubleshooting was to attempt to use these logins via a browser and an FTP client, with logic being IF I can successfully login via browser or FTP client, that indicates the issue is most likely not with the coding but with Google.

Sure enough I plugged in uploads.google.com then my username and password into an FTP client, and it rejected it.

This may or may not be the reason so many people feeds are being rejected, but if you do experience a FTP error when running your feed, I suggest you take your logins and plug them into an FTP program first. If it rejects it, then report it to google. If not, then report it back here with the exact error to help us improve the code.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Bruce

Hi there,

I have installed the contrib as decribed, but when I go into admin, and click 'store feeds' i get the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.cottonbottom.com.au Port 80

Any ideas on what I need to do?

I would be really greatful for any help you could provide.

Thanks so much,

Jessica

Hello, just installed Automated Store Feeds and Thanks for a Great Contribution! However, I've a small problem using SEO URL's contribution. When the frooglefile.txt is generated, it does not contain my SEO URLs for the products, but generates the "product id=#" instead. Is there a way to read the SEO URLs when generating the frooglefile.txt upload file?

Hi there,

I have installed the contrib as decribed, but when I go into admin, and click 'store feeds' i get the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.cottonbottom.com.au Port 80

Any ideas on what I need to do?

I would be really greatful for any help you could provide.

Thanks so much,

Jessica

Hello Jessica,

Without any additional information or php error code, it is bit of a guessing game for me to try to troubleshoot for you on this.

Best suggestion is for you to ensure that your /feeds/ folder is set via ftp to CHMOD 777, which is a very common reason why it may not be working.

Let me know if this helps or if you figured out a solution already in advance, what you did to resolve so others can benefit from this.

Sincerely,

Bruce

Hello, just installed Automated Store Feeds and Thanks for a Great Contribution! However, I've a small problem using SEO URL's contribution. When the frooglefile.txt is generated, it does not contain my SEO URLs for the products, but generates the "product id=#" instead. Is there a way to read the SEO URLs when generating the frooglefile.txt upload file?

I would assume this is caused since most SEO URL systems do some rework to the /catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php tep_link function, but no corresponding updates to the admin area, which is really not needed anyways.

The store feed files build their links using the /admin/includes/functions/html_output.php tep_link function versus the front end one, so thus it would not create SEO friendly URLs automatically.

Since I am unsure which SEO contribution you are using, and assuming that it DOES do a modification to the tep_link function, my suggestion would be one of two things:

1. Modify your admin tep_link function (not suggested)

2. Modify the contribution store feed files to pull from the frontend tep_link function instead of the admin one (not easy, but doable)

3. Copy the tep_link function from your /catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php file, into the /admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file....rename that function say 'tep_link2' anywhere in the store feed files, then try running again to see if it works okay for you.

Let me know if this helps.

Sincerely,

Bruce

Paulie stated:

The feature I would like to see is that if you are using SaleMaker prices, that those sale prices will be in the feed instead of the full retail price.

Not a bad idea, since so many people are using the salesmaker contribution, including me.

However since I try to update these contributions to make them universal so they are not dependant upon other contributions, I would probably code this out in such a manner whereby it:

A. Tries to check for the salesmaker database table.

B. IF exists, then see if any sales exist / don't exist determine product price.

c. IF doesn't exist, continue using existing code.

Thoughts?

Sincerely,

Bruce

• 4 weeks later...
I would assume this is caused since most SEO URL systems do some rework to the /catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php tep_link function, but no corresponding updates to the admin area, which is really not needed anyways.

The store feed files build their links using the /admin/includes/functions/html_output.php tep_link function versus the front end one, so thus it would not create SEO friendly URLs automatically.

Since I am unsure which SEO contribution you are using, and assuming that it DOES do a modification to the tep_link function, my suggestion would be one of two things:

1. Modify your admin tep_link function (not suggested)

2. Modify the contribution store feed files to pull from the frontend tep_link function instead of the admin one (not easy, but doable)

3. Copy the tep_link function from your /catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php file, into the /admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file....rename that function say 'tep_link2' anywhere in the store feed files, then try running again to see if it works okay for you.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks Bruce for the help! I am using Ultimate SEO URls v2-2.2 on shared hosting. Before i could implement your fix, to fix the problem, i replaced the froogle.php in catalog/admin/froogle.php i installed from automatic store feeds, with froogle.php from froogle data feeder 1.62d w_SEO. and it worked! thanks for the contribution and support, fabulous!

In response to the numerous reported issues and suggestions I have received so far for this contribution, I am starting a new thread to discuss:

- reported bugs

- fixes made

- suggested improvements

Over the coming few weeks I will be making some improvements to the coding to combat against incompatibility errors many people have found with the automatic uploads, plus adding some new features in based upon your feedback.

So anyone having issues or suggestions for improvements I ask that you post them here, and I will post either fixes, or notifications once new versions have been released.

Thanks.

Bruce,

Thanks for the opportunity to report errors and your hard work with this contribution. I have tried to no avail to install it. And I really can find any information in the forums to resolve it. If you can shed some light on the problem I would be extremely grateful.

After I run the Froogle Feed (actually any feed yahoo, froogle, or bizrate results in the same error) I get the below listed error. I have yet to try it with bidhopper. If it helps my provider is running PHP Version 4.4.3-dev. Also, I am running on a Windows Server.

Start Error

SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.realdealtools.com/oscommerce/catalog//product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.realdealtools.com/oscommerce/catalog/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id AND products.products_status != 0 AND products.products_price != 0 AND products.products_price != '' ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

End Error

Thanks for you time and effort.

Steve

Bruce,

Thanks for the opportunity to report errors and your hard work with this contribution. I have tried to no avail to install it. And I really can find any information in the forums to resolve it. If you can shed some light on the problem I would be extremely grateful.

After I run the Froogle Feed (actually any feed yahoo, froogle, or bizrate results in the same error) I get the below listed error. I have yet to try it with bidhopper. If it helps my provider is running PHP Version 4.4.3-dev. Also, I am running on a Windows Server.

Start Error

SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.realdealtools.com/oscommerce/catalog//product_info.php

End Error

Thanks for you time and effort.

Steve

Hello Steve,

I am 99% sure that you have a field missing in your PRODUCTS table, which appears to be the manufacturers_id field. Ran into a similar issue with another client, unrelated to this contribution, and that was the end result.

Go into your phpMyAdmin tool or other MySQL tool, VIEW the PRODUCTS table. Typically this field is between the products_tax_class_id and the products_ordered fields. If you do not see it there, then for whatever reason it was deleted from your database.

Setup the field again as follows into the PRODUCTS table:

`manufacturers_id` int(11) default NULL

Be sure to let me know if this resolved your issue.

Sincerely,

Bruce

GREAT NEWS!

I am currently working on another update to the automated feeds system which shall include some general improvements, but also include some never seen before feeds!

The following are what is being worked on right now, but only time will tell if these will all make the final cut:

1. shopping.com

2. buy.com

3. nextag.com

More updates to follow as they are done.

Sincerely,

Bruce

Hello Steve,

I am 99% sure that you have a field missing in your PRODUCTS table, which appears to be the manufacturers_id field. Ran into a similar issue with another client, unrelated to this contribution, and that was the end result.

Go into your phpMyAdmin tool or other MySQL tool, VIEW the PRODUCTS table. Typically this field is between the products_tax_class_id and the products_ordered fields. If you do not see it there, then for whatever reason it was deleted from your database.

Setup the field again as follows into the PRODUCTS table:

`manufacturers_id` int(11) default NULL

Be sure to let me know if this resolved your issue.

Bruce,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I checked on the product table and I do in fact have the manufactures_id in place. Here are the total headings for the products table.

products_id

products_quantity

products_model

products_image

products_price

products_date_added

products_last_modified

products_date_available

products_weight

products_status

products_tax_class_id

manufacturers_id

products_ordered

As you may know I am a newbie with all of this stuff. At the same time I have learned a ton these past few months as I got my store up and running. I have checked around the help section and just can't get my hands on a solution for this problem. Thanks again for your time and effort.

Steve

Steve,

Sorry I was unable to help out on this. I am as stumped as you right now, since this error line:

SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'

Indicates the manufacturers_id is missing from the products table.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Sincerely,

Bruce

Steve,

Sorry I was unable to help out on this. I am as stumped as you right now, since this error line:

SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'

Indicates the manufacturers_id is missing from the products table.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Bruce,

In my search of this problem, I have found others with the same problem.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=820485

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=829888

Then I found this...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=856268

I tried it an no more error after I ran it. I got the following...

File completed: frooglefile.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user realdealtools

Uploaded D:/Home/...I removed the tree data on purpose... /feeds/frooglefile.txt to uploads.google.com as frooglefile.txt

Script timer: 26.373841 seconds.

I think this worked but don't know for a fact. Will have to check out the details on Google Base. I don't know if I have to first define the file name to Google before they receive it.

Hope this helps you out on your next build. I will let you know if I run into any additional problems.

Steve

Hi, Steve! I am in the same exact situation... did you manage to solve yours? Thank you!

Simone

Bruce,

In my search of this problem, I have found others with the same problem.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=820485

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=829888

Then I found this...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=856268

I tried it an no more error after I ran it. I got the following...

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user realdealtools

Uploaded D:/Home/...I removed the tree data on purpose... /feeds/frooglefile.txt to uploads.google.com as frooglefile.txt

Script timer: 26.373841 seconds.

I think this worked but don't know for a fact. Will have to check out the details on Google Base. I don't know if I have to first define the file name to Google before they receive it.

Hope this helps you out on your next build. I will let you know if I run into any additional problems.

Steve

Simone,

Try this as it worked for me - http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=856268

Hope it works for you.

Steve

I think the link is not working - here is what I changed.

MySQL 5 Fix

The current version of the Froogle Feeder errors when using MySQL 5. This can be resolved by making the following change: (Just add the parenthesis and see what happens)

Around line 89:

FROM categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories

Change to:

FROM (categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories)

I think the link is not working - here is what I changed.

MySQL 5 Fix

The current version of the Froogle Feeder errors when using MySQL 5. This can be resolved by making the following change: (Just add the parenthesis and see what happens)

Around line 89:

FROM categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories

Change to:

FROM (categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories)

Thank you, Steve, for your quick response!

I added the paranthesis and here is what I get after I run the feed:

File completed: myfile.txt

Warning: ftp_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No address associated with hostname in /home/username/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 348
FTP open connection failed to upload.google.com 

Script timer: 0.346846 seconds.

Here is line 348 : // set up basic connection

$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftpservername);

Thanks again. Simone

oops. A mistake on my part: upload.google.com should be uploads.google.com ... I corrected that but I still get errors... is there anything that I have to change (personalize) in froogle php or any other file that I uploaded? So far I've changed the frooglefilename.txt on line 11 and productURL on line 36...

Thank you.

Here are the errors that I get when running the Froogle feed... Any help is very appreciated:

File completed: filename.txt
Connected to uploads.google.com, for user m*****

Warning: ftp_put(): php_connect_nonb() failed: No route to host (65) in /home/username/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 379

Warning: ftp_put(): Entering Passive Mode (72,14,200,3,110,87) in /home/username/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 379
uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 3.787749 seconds

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but are you supposed to manually create the frooglefile.txt file, and if so where should you create it to? I have created an FTP account, and I updated the username and password settings in the admin section, and I left the server and filename the way they were. When I click on the RUN FEED button though I get the following message:

FTP open connection failed to uploads.google.com

Script timer: 3.250352 seconds.

Right now I'm under the impression that this probably has something to do with the fact that I created the /feeds/ folder and set the permissions to 777 but there isn't anything in there at the moment. I didn't see anything in the installation guide about this, so I didn't really know what else to do with it. Is my thinking at all correct, or am I completely off track?

Thanks a ton for any help you can provide!

~Zach

A few people have reported running into errors like the following when running the froogle.php page:

Here is an explanation of this error and a solution.

1. OPEN /ADMIN/FROOGLE.PHP.

2. Search for:

The issue causing this for some people is the DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT variable, found within the /admin/includes/configure.php page.

Here is an example of a common definition for this variable that will toss that error:

And here is the proper way this should be listed:

Notice at the end of the second example there is a / after the www. Without this / you will continue to run across this problem.

You have one of two solutions:

A. Change this in the /admin/froogle.php page from this:

To this

$OutFile = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT."/feeds/".FROOGLE_FTP_FILENAME;

B. Change the DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT in the /admin/includes/configure.php from this:

To this:

Hope this helps out.

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for this excellent contrbution. Looks like a great one.

I installed everything as you said and when i wen to run feed i got similair errors to above so i edited the suggested files accordly.

But i still get the same errors.

Can you please help?

Here is the errors im getting:

Warning: fopen(/home/leather/public_html//feeds/frooglefile.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/leather/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 336

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/leather/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 337

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/leather/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 338

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/leather/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 340
Connected to uploads.google.com, for user ***** (Hidden sorry)
uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 3.983017 seconds.

Anyone?

Thanks for your time.

Lee.

Edited by Grimmyfrombar