• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Store Feeds Contribution

mushindo

Ok I think I have the Google feeds working and I almost have the BizRate feed sorted out. Only one small issue. My links are coming out https instead of http and my HTTP_SERVER is http. I don't have this problem with the Google feed it comes out correct with http. So any idea why my BizRate is coming out https?

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am having a problem. The same, so I believe, that many others are having however could not find a solution here in the threads.

Of course I goto my page:

http://www.gojuryu.net/osCommerce/catalog/admin/feeders.php?selected_box=feeds

and I click

RUN FEED

which takes me to my page:

http://www.gojuryu.net/osCommerce/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php

and I receive the following error:

File completed: allgojuryunetworktxt
FTP open connection failed to uploads.google.com

Script timer: 0.659959 seconds.

I have already modified the /froogle_us.php file as directed to read.

<?php
//
// Google Base Feed vX.04 - 2007-03-04
// Original Author unknown.
//

include('includes/application_top.php');
//  Start TIMER
//  -----------
$stimer = explode( ' ', microtime() );
$stimer = $stimer[1] + $stimer[0];
//  -----------

$OutFile = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT."/feeds/".FROOGLE_US_FTP_FILENAME;
$destination_file = allgojuryunetwork.txt;  //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt";

Was there anything else I was supposed to change or is this a problem on with Google? I have already verified with my host that they have hundreds of ftp going to google through their systems without a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi zee,

It seems that you don't have the column "products.manufacturers_id" in your database. I'd suggest looking at your database (with phpMyAdmin or similar). Perhaps some other contribution(s) have modified it's name, I'm not sure... (If that's the case, then replace "products.manufacturers_id" (without the quotes " " ) by the name of your column in the code and it should fix it.)

Hope this can help.

Regards,

-Ben

I have the exact same error message. I have the HTC contribution installed. Using phpMyAdmin I see:

Field Type Collation Attributes Null Default Extra Action

manufacturers_id int(11) No

languages_id int(11) No

manufacturers_url varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci No

url_clicked int(5) No 0

date_last_click datetime Yes NULL

manufacturers_htc_title_tag varchar(80) latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL

manufacturers_htc_desc_tag longtext latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL

manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag longtext latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL

manufacturers_htc_description longtext latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL

Would one of these take the place of products.manufacturers_id?

I know nothing about databases. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to php and installed this contrib, it says to set CHMOD catalog/feeds to 777 but I can't find that folder in my files. I'm guessing that it is setting the permissions but am not sure. If anyone can tell me where to do this I would appreciate it greatly.

thanks

David

This is a great MOD but would like to ask a few questions.

1. I can't get this to work froogle is just giving a Error: Disapproved - help

2. On froogle - How do I set it up to Automatic send update ever 15 - 20 days?

2. Are you working on a addition for MSN Live Products?

Outcome: Bulk upload failed. No items are live. There are too many formatting errors in your file. - help

Number of items processed: 0

Number of items succeeded: 0

Number of active items: 0

Uploaded at: Sep 6, 2007 6:05am PDT

Processed at: Sep 6, 2007 5:58am PDT

Errors:

Error Bad data Line #

Disapproved - help

Thanks,

Adam

This is a great MOD but would like to ask a few questions.

1. I can't get this to work froogle is just giving a Error: Disapproved - help

2. On froogle - How do I set it up to Automatic send update ever 15 - 20 days?

2. Are you working on a addition for MSN Live Products?

Outcome: Bulk upload failed. No items are live. There are too many formatting errors in your file. - help

Errors:

Error Bad data Line #

Disapproved - help

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for writing here in the forums instead of in a PM (personal message).

1- Could you copy & paste us here the first few lines of your generated feed (normally in your folder /catalog/feeds ), so that we can see what could be the problem. Also tell us which line # is written in Google's error message. This is where we'll have to look for.

2- You can configure a cron tab (con job) to execute the file /catalog/admin/froogle_??.php every week or whatever you want. If needed, contact your web hosting provider on how to do that. It is quite easy to do with cPanel, I can guide you with that if needed, or simply search in Google for "cron tab". Here is the page from Wikipedia, which explains you the basic syntax: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crontab

3- It would be a great thing to have feeds for MSN Live Products! I haven't used MSN Live Products myself yet, but I suppose that the actual feeds could probably be modified more or less easily for it. I've noted that to check later one, I unfortunately don't have time for it at the moment... :(

Regards,

-Ben

I am new to php and installed this contrib, it says to set CHMOD catalog/feeds to 777 but I can't find that folder in my files. I'm guessing that it is setting the permissions but am not sure. If anyone can tell me where to do this I would appreciate it greatly.

thanks

David

Hi David,

You have to create the folder /feeds where your osCommerce store is installed. Then use a FTP client or another program to change the permissions of that folder to 777 (on most FTP clients (programs), you just right-click on that folder and you'll have the option there).

Regards,

-Ben

I have the exact same error message. I have the HTC contribution installed. Using phpMyAdmin I see:

Field Type Collation Attributes Null Default Extra Action

manufacturers_id int(11) No

languages_id int(11) No

manufacturers_url varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci No

url_clicked int(5) No 0

date_last_click datetime Yes NULL

manufacturers_htc_title_tag varchar(80) latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL

manufacturers_htc_desc_tag longtext latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL

manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag longtext latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL

manufacturers_htc_description longtext latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL

Would one of these take the place of products.manufacturers_id?

I know nothing about databases. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Norma,

I don't know, I have to say.... I'm very sorry I can't help on that... :(

I hope you can find. When/if you do, please come back here to post your solution, that will help others in the future.

Regards,

-Ben

I am trying to use the Automatic feed contributions for e directory however it seems to run but dosn'e creat the file and dosn't product any errors, I have set the promissions on the feeds folder to 777, any help

I am not using the feed generator for edirectory myself, so I don't know much that feed generator.

Perhaps you could try to add some php code in different places of the file, for example:

echo "getting the products infos";

echo "creating the file";

etc.

at the right places to be able to debug and to follow what the code executes and what it doesn't execute.

Please come back here and write how it goes when/of you find a solution, so that it can help others.

Regards,

-Ben

I too am having a problem. The same, so I believe, that many others are having however could not find a solution here in the threads.

Of course I goto my page:

http://www.gojuryu.net/osCommerce/catalog/admin/feeders.php?selected_box=feeds

and I click

RUN FEED

which takes me to my page:

http://www.gojuryu.net/osCommerce/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php

and I receive the following error:

File completed: allgojuryunetworktxt

Script timer: 0.659959 seconds.

I have already modified the /froogle_us.php file as directed to read.

<?php
//
// Google Base Feed vX.04 - 2007-03-04
// Original Author unknown.
//

include('includes/application_top.php');
//  Start TIMER
//  -----------
$stimer = explode( ' ', microtime() );
$stimer = $stimer[1] + $stimer[0];
//  -----------

$OutFile = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT."/feeds/".FROOGLE_US_FTP_FILENAME;
$destination_file = allgojuryunetwork.txt;  //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt";

Was there anything else I was supposed to change or is this a problem on with Google? I have already verified with my host that they have hundreds of ftp going to google through their systems without a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi JP,

Reading your message I noticed that in your error message you get:

File completed: allgojuryunetworktxt (notice the there is no dot "." in the file name)

and in your froogle_us.php file the file is named with a dot:

$destination_file = allgojuryunetwork.txt; //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt";

That could well be your problem. Either try putting quote signs " " around the file name, or use (install) the lastest version of Automatic Store Feeds where the file names are given from the administration section and kept in the database (follow the instructions in the readme file to install/upgrade the contribution).

Tell us how it goes.

Regards,

-Ben

Hi Adam,

Thanks for writing here in the forums instead of in a PM (personal message).

1- Could you copy & paste us here the first few lines of your generated feed (normally in your folder /catalog/feeds ), so that we can see what could be the problem. Also tell us which line # is written in Google's error message. This is where we'll have to look for.

2- You can configure a cron tab (con job) to execute the file /catalog/admin/froogle_??.php every week or whatever you want. If needed, contact your web hosting provider on how to do that. It is quite easy to do with cPanel, I can guide you with that if needed, or simply search in Google for "cron tab". Here is the page from Wikipedia, which explains you the basic syntax: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crontab

3- It would be a great thing to have feeds for MSN Live Products! I haven't used MSN Live Products myself yet, but I suppose that the actual feeds could probably be modified more or less easily for it. I've noted that to check later one, I unfortunately don't have time for it at the moment... :(

Regards,

-Ben

link title description expiration_date label price image_link id instock brand quantity payment_accepted payment_notes product_type currency language ship_to condition

http://www.foragreatprice.com/product_info...p;products_id=1 Montecito Mirror Montecito Collection is rendered in a medium chestnut finish with warm ash veneers and birch solids. Case pieces feature hand carved accents and burl inlays on door and drawer fronts. Set features Dove tailed drawer construction cedar lined with center metal glider. Top drawers are felt lined. Bed features wood posts and by-cast leather headboard and footboard. Set is made of birch solids and ash veneers for value and durability. Dimensions: Mirror: 48"W 50"H 2007-10-06 Montecito Mirror,CFF-200204,Coaster Fine Furniture 210.00 http://www.foragreatprice.com/images/CS-200204.jpg 1us Y Coaster Fine Furniture 2 Visa,MasterCard,AmericanExpress,Discover,Check,Cash,WireTransfer We also accept payments by Authorize.net. Montecito Cherry Canopy Bedroom USD en ALL New

http://www.foragreatprice.com/product_info...p;products_id=2 Montecito California King Size Canopy Bed Montecito Collection is rendered in a medium chestnut finish with warm ash veneers and birch solids. Case pieces feature hand carved accents and burl inlays on door and drawer fronts. Set features Dove tailed drawer construction cedar lined with center metal glider. Top drawers are felt lined. Bed features wood posts and by-cast leather headboard and footboard. Set is made of birch solids and ash veneers for value and durability. Dimensions: California King Bed: 106"L 82"W 92"H If you like this in white wash take a look at our Roman Empire Collection 2007-10-06 Montecito California King Size Canopy Bed,CFF-200201KW,Coaster Fine Furniture 1,344.00 http://www.foragreatprice.com/images/CS-200201.jpg 2us Y Coaster Fine Furniture 2 Visa,MasterCard,AmericanExpress,Discover,Check,Cash,WireTransfer We also accept payments by Authorize.net. Montecito Cherry Canopy Bedroom USD en ALL New

As for the Froogle Error:

Errors:

Error Bad data Line #

Disapproved - help

Thanks,

Adam

link title description expiration_date label price image_link id instock brand quantity payment_accepted payment_notes product_type currency language ship_to condition

http://www.foragreatprice.com/product_info...p;products_id=1 Montecito Mirror Montecito Collection is rendered in a medium chestnut finish with warm ash veneers and birch solids. Case pieces feature hand carved accents and burl inlays on door and drawer fronts. Set features Dove tailed drawer construction cedar lined with center metal glider. Top drawers are felt lined. Bed features wood posts and by-cast leather headboard and footboard. Set is made of birch solids and ash veneers for value and durability. Dimensions: Mirror: 48"W 50"H 2007-10-06 Montecito Mirror,CFF-200204,Coaster Fine Furniture 210.00 http://www.foragreatprice.com/images/CS-200204.jpg 1us Y Coaster Fine Furniture 2 Visa,MasterCard,AmericanExpress,Discover,Check,Cash,WireTransfer We also accept payments by Authorize.net. Montecito Cherry Canopy Bedroom USD en ALL New

http://www.foragreatprice.com/product_info...p;products_id=2 Montecito California King Size Canopy Bed Montecito Collection is rendered in a medium chestnut finish with warm ash veneers and birch solids. Case pieces feature hand carved accents and burl inlays on door and drawer fronts. Set features Dove tailed drawer construction cedar lined with center metal glider. Top drawers are felt lined. Bed features wood posts and by-cast leather headboard and footboard. Set is made of birch solids and ash veneers for value and durability. Dimensions: California King Bed: 106"L 82"W 92"H If you like this in white wash take a look at our Roman Empire Collection 2007-10-06 Montecito California King Size Canopy Bed,CFF-200201KW,Coaster Fine Furniture 1,344.00 http://www.foragreatprice.com/images/CS-200201.jpg 2us Y Coaster Fine Furniture 2 Visa,MasterCard,AmericanExpress,Discover,Check,Cash,WireTransfer We also accept payments by Authorize.net. Montecito Cherry Canopy Bedroom USD en ALL New

As for the Froogle Error:

Errors:

Error Bad data Line #

Disapproved - help

Thanks,

Adam

Ok here is the update I need to add some more fields to Google for it to take the file I still am having problems with uploading via FTP can download the file and manual upload to Google but making head wade.

Adam

Quick question were is

When I change the name in configuration.php from: froogle_us_file.txt / New_Name_jdkjlkd.txt

It does not change the output file name still uploads as froogle_us_file.txt

Any ideas?

Adam

Should I just edit froogle_us.php?

OLD:

$OutFile = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT."feeds/".FROOGLE_US_FTP_FILENAME;

$destination_file = FROOGLE_US_FTP_FILENAME; //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt" ;

$source_file = $OutFile;

$imageURL = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES;

$productURL = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG .'product_info.php?products_id=';

$already_sent = array();

Hi guys,

I installed this contrib step by step but when I log into my admin panel I there is no feeds link under the Tools link. Any ideas of where I should start to check what went wrong?

-instllaed the script

-uploaded all the files

-added the line of code to the column_left file

Under the Configuration link I do have Feed Settings options, so something must have worked.

Thanks!

Quick question were is

When I change the name in configuration.php from: froogle_us_file.txt / New_Name_jdkjlkd.txt

It does not change the output file name still uploads as froogle_us_file.txt

Any ideas?

Adam

Hi Adam,

That is weird. It should indeed output the right file. Is the name change correctly saved in your database? (i.e. when you go back to the admin section, do you see your new name or still "froogle_us_file.txt"?)

And what version of the froogle_us.php file are you using? Is it the latest version (of the versions I made - I didn't tried the other ones). The line 14 of it (where it takes the file name) should be:

$OutFile = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT."feeds/".FROOGLE_DE_FTP_FILENAME;

Can you confirm that you have the same line?

Regards,

-Ben

Hi guys,

I installed this contrib step by step but when I log into my admin panel I there is no feeds link under the Tools link. Any ideas of where I should start to check what went wrong?

-instllaed the script

-uploaded all the files

-added the line of code to the column_left file

Under the Configuration link I do have Feed Settings options, so something must have worked.

Thanks!

Hi Angel,

There is not supposed to be any new link under the menu Tools, so it is normal that you don't find any! :)

The new links are in a new menu called "Store Feeds". It should be there, since you wrote that you edited the file column_left.php.

Regards,

-Ben

Hi sorry - that's bad communication, by below, I meant literally underneath the text, not as in sub-link. So in my menu I have :

Configuration

Catalog

Modules

Customers

Locations/ Taxes

Localization

Reports

Tools

That's it. I am guessing that Store Feeds should come after that? It's not there. Here's the code from the column_left.php file:

<?php

/*

$Id: column_left.php,v 1.15 2002/01/11 05:03:25 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

//BEGIN Information pages unlimited

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

//END Information pages unlimited

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'configuration.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'catalog.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'modules.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'customers.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'taxes.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'localization.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reports.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tools.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'storefeed.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags_controller.php');

?>

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Angel

Hi sorry - that's bad communication, by below, I meant literally underneath the text, not as in sub-link. So in my menu I have :

Configuration

Catalog

Modules

Customers

Locations/ Taxes

Localization

Reports

Tools

That's it. I am guessing that Store Feeds should come after that? It's not there. Here's the code from the column_left.php file:

<?php

/*

$Id: column_left.php,v 1.15 2002/01/11 05:03:25 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

//BEGIN Information pages unlimited

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

//END Information pages unlimited

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags_controller.php');

?>

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Angel

Hi Angel,

Weird, as it should appear there... It might seem like a silly question (but we need to check it, as that code should really work!): Are you sure that you uploaded correctly the file that you have modified?

Normally we put the store feed link the one before last (that is, over "Tools"), like this:

but it don't think that it should make any difference... Try it anyways?

Otherwise, I don't have any idea why it would not be working....

Regards,

-Ben

I was wondering if any has or would know a simple way to edit the google base feed to do the following:

Append the product name with the category name so it goes to google as one continuous title. An example would be this:

title

Product1 Category1

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Edited by theantiquestore

Dear benspun,

The contribution seems really helpful. I have installed Automated Feeders v3.3 today with no errors (so far). Everything seems to be in the right place as you write in your readme.txt. I have upload a bulk file in a text format, about 1 hour now and I do not know what to expect.

When I will see my products in froogle???? :huh:

Thanx.

I am new to PHP and installed this mod. I am not sure what i'm supposed to do. Is there a file I need to make and add products too before running the feed? or does it the program make the file itself? Is there a manual for this that will help us new people? When I try to run the feed I get this message:

Warning: fopen(/home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/feeds/froogle_us_file.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 446

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 447

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 448

Warning: fopen(/home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/feeds/froogle_us_file.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 454

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 455

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 456

File completed: froogle_us_file.txt

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 458

Script timer: 2.217669 seconds.

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

David

Dear benspun,

The contribution seems really helpful. I have installed Automated Feeders v3.3 today with no errors (so far). Everything seems to be in the right place as you write in your readme.txt. I have upload a bulk file in a text format, about 1 hour now and I do not know what to expect.

When I will see my products in froogle???? :huh:

Thanx.

Hi Chris,

It can take a few hours for Google to process your newly uploaded feed file. Just look at your status in your account.

But the work you had to do is done, now you only need to wait a little bit for Google. It shouldn't be long.

Regards,

-Ben

I am new to PHP and installed this mod. I am not sure what i'm supposed to do. Is there a file I need to make and add products too before running the feed? or does it the program make the file itself? Is there a manual for this that will help us new people? When I try to run the feed I get this message:

Warning: fopen(/home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/feeds/froogle_us_file.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 446

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 447

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 448

Warning: fopen(/home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/feeds/froogle_us_file.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 454

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 455

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 456

File completed: froogle_us_file.txt

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/thecageb/public_html/Storefront/catalog/admin/froogle_us.php on line 458

Script timer: 2.217669 seconds.

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

David

Hi David,

Have you changed the permissions of your folder /catalog/feed to 777 ?

Regards,