• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Store Feeds Contribution

mushindo

Yesterday morning I installed the osCommerce contrib. 'AUTOMATED STORE FEEDS SYSTEM v3.2a ' - complete package.

Here's my dilemma. After the install and do the SQL Db update, I located the ' Feed Settings ' located in the Store ' Configuration ' menu of the admin section of the site.

What I can't locate is the ' Store Feeds ' section. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Alfredo

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday morning I installed the osCommerce contrib. 'AUTOMATED STORE FEEDS SYSTEM v3.2a ' - complete package.

Here's my dilemma. After the install and do the SQL Db update, I located the ' Feed Settings ' located in the Store ' Configuration ' menu of the admin section of the site.

What I can't locate is the ' Store Feeds ' section. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Alfredo

Hi Alfredo,

It looks to me that you had forgotten to make the step 3 of the installation (to edit your catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php )

Try to re-read the installation instructions again to be sure there is nothing else you have forgotten.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards,

-Ben

Hi Alfredo,

It looks to me that you had forgotten to make the step 3 of the installation (to edit your catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php )

Try to re-read the installation instructions again to be sure there is nothing else you have forgotten.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards,

-Ben

Thanks Ben!

That did the trick..not sure how I missed that step. Works like a Champ!!

Best Regards,

Alfredo

• 3 weeks later...
I was able to get my froogle.php file to work with the new requirements and have posted it here it may work for you with just a little bit of editing.

Hi thanks for this, I've just had the same message along with my prices need to include VAT - any clues where I need to look to get the feed pricing to include VAT?

(my store is already set to include VAT)

Many thanks

Hi thanks for this, I've just had the same message along with my prices need to include VAT - any clues where I need to look to get the feed pricing to include VAT?

(my store is already set to include VAT)

Many thanks

Sorry, being thick. found it.

I checked my froogle txt file and all the links have https not http, doe this matter? Is there a fix to make it http?

Hi Dailce,

The cause of that is in your /admin/includes/configure.php . You have a "https" there, and you simply need to change it to "http" in your case.

It could be at HTTP_SERVER or HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER .

Tell us how it goes,

Regards,

-Ben

does the store feeds v3.2 include all of the updates for Google February updates and requirements?

Hi Gojuryu,

Not, it doesn't for now, but someone had posted a link towards a fix in the previous page, so you could use that for now (but that version is not multi-language).

I had made for myself a version with the new requirements (including multi-languages, which permits to submit to Google Base US, UK and Germany), and will add it in the contribution section as the v3.3 in a few days.

I'll also post a notice here, so stay tuned for it! :)

Regards,

-Ben

FTP LOGIN ISSUE:

With the revamp of Froogle, now called Google Base, their system now requires you to do the following for creating a bulk upload for your store:

1. Create a bulk upload: indicate filename, title, description, and optional URL.

2. Create a new FTP account: many people miss this one and just use the email / password to FTP into google for uploading bulk uploads.

The issue I have run across today, and confirmed with 3 other customers, is that after setting up an FTP login set and including it into your admin "feed settings" section, it continued to come back with the FTP connection errors most people are reporting.

My next step in troubleshooting was to attempt to use these logins via a browser and an FTP client, with logic being IF I can successfully login via browser or FTP client, that indicates the issue is most likely not with the coding but with Google.

Sure enough I plugged in uploads.google.com then my username and password into an FTP client, and it rejected it.

This may or may not be the reason so many people feeds are being rejected, but if you do experience a FTP error when running your feed, I suggest you take your logins and plug them into an FTP program first. If it rejects it, then report it to google. If not, then report it back here with the exact error to help us improve the code.

Thanks.

Exact situation I am having...

all information is correct in settings, username/password/ftp address for googlebase

tested by FTPing manually

however I still get this error

File completed: workingp.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user -username-

uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Exact situation I am having...

all information is correct in settings, username/password/ftp address for googlebase

tested by FTPing manually

however I still get this error

Hi Tommy,

So you say that you can log in with your FTP client to google with your infos.

Do you have a feed file which has been create in your directory /feeds

And have you changed the permissions for that directory?

If not, that is quite probably the cause of your error.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards,

-Ben Martin

file is there, and permissions are at 777

Hi Tommy,

Just like that I don't have any other idea.

Maybe you could add some

echo "line xxx";

in different places in the part of the code where the ftping is happening, to find out precisely where is the problem happening in the code.

That would give you (and us) more information about the cause of the problem.

Regards,

-Ben

great mod, but having a couple problems.

Frist, everything installed fine, and its the latest version, v3.2a

Config everything correctly, created a feed at google base, with the same file name as what will be created. i login via "store feeds" to froggle.us

i run feed and get a ftp failure.

FTP open connection failed to uploads.google.com

checked and see feed was created in /feeds/, but no download button shows. All my config is correct, everything seems to be as it should. Now, as long as the created feed is correct for froggle formatt. This is not a big deal as long as it creats the feeds as it should. I can manuelly upload them.

talked with my host about the firewall problem and they say their is none. I know my ftp settings are correct. As i can access upload.google via my ftp program. Cany help getting this pinned down and fixed is greatly appericated. Thanks

I had made for myself a version with the new requirements (including multi-languages, which permits to submit to Google Base US, UK and Germany), and will add it in the contribution section as the v3.3 in a few days.

I'll also post a notice here, so stay tuned for it! smile.gif

hi benspun any news on the new version you talked about?

Edited by giresse

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've recently been having a problem with my store feeds. Every time I try to run a feed I get a MySQL error message which basically says that there's an unknown column (example: ": SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT..."). If I go in and delete that particular line of code, it says the same thing with another column and if I delete that it does the same thing again picking a different column. I know those columns exist because otherwise my store wouldn't work. I'm pretty sure it's connecting to the right database and everything because there's no connection errors. I've used this before with no problems, but when I went to update the feeders for this month everything just broke. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

-Ian

Ian Osos

Web Developer

Gah... finally... I just ended up rewriting the MySQL query, changed a few things around and made it a little cleaner, and now things seem to be working fine.

Ian Osos

Web Developer

I'm looking at producing a feed for shopping.com (unless someone has already done one). However it seems that a shipping price is required for each product. I use the weight of the products to determine the shipping cost on the website, how can I use this in the feed to output the correct amount?

I've had a look but can't see an easy way. I'm just hoping someone has come across this problem before and has a solution.

Thanks,

Allen

www.healthy-living-products.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I've recently been having a problem with my store feeds. Every time I try to run a feed I get a MySQL error message which basically says that there's an unknown column (example: ": SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT..."). If I go in and delete that particular line of code, it says the same thing with another column and if I delete that it does the same thing again picking a different column. I know those columns exist because otherwise my store wouldn't work. I'm pretty sure it's connecting to the right database and everything because there's no connection errors. I've used this before with no problems, but when I went to update the feeders for this month everything just broke. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

-Ian

Sounds like your host update the SQL server.

It is most likly a Left Join issue:

FROM (categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories

)left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id )

If you ad the parentheses "in red above" before the "left join" it will run fine. B)

Automatic Store Feed v3.3 has been released:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4455

In this version, the feeds are up to the new (Feb 2007) Googe Base attributes requirements.

Sorry for the delay to finishing this, I was quite busy recently... :)

-Ben Martin

Until a few days ago, I was still using the previous version of Automated Store Feeds (v3.2a), which was not having the new attributes requirement of Google and, strangely enough, all our products were still displayed on Google Base, even though it was about 45 days passed the Feb 28th deadline of Google Base for getting our feeds compliant.

Anybody else had this experience?

Regards,

-Ben Martin