• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Method: CC

BlizzardBoy

Ok, I'm testing out my site, and the CC payment method. It's the only payment method currently avaliable on my site.

So, I make a pretend account, and buy something. I enter my credit card number, and follow through with the order. Everything is going great.

I then check my inbox for a new email, and there is the order. Alright, I read the email, and everything is great, except: where the heck is the CC info? On the email I expected to find the CC info... but all it says is:

"Payment Method

------------------------------------------------------

Credit Card

"

This isn't good - how am I supposed to get the CC info to process the order?

Ok, I'm testing out my site, and the CC payment method. It's the only payment method currently avaliable on my site.

So, I make a pretend account, and buy something. I enter my credit card number, and follow through with the order. Everything is going great.

I then check my inbox for a new email, and there is the order. Alright, I read the email, and everything is great, except: where the heck is the CC info? On the email I expected to find the CC info... but all it says is:

"Payment Method

------------------------------------------------------

Credit Card

"

This isn't good - how am I supposed to get the CC info to process the order?

E-mails are unsecure! no one should have credit card info included in an email, why would anyone buy a SSL to then email the information? defeats the object really. I think and I'm NOT 100% you need a payment gateway for the credit card option as having credit card info sent directly to your computer is againsts the credit card issuers policies and maybe even illegal. There have been lots of posts regarding credit card info being sent directly to the retailer, not even the big muti national retailing companies store credit card info.

How does the CC info get to me then?

Hi,

Have a look at my post under payment modules -> how does credit card payments work? just a couple of days ago.

and for that reason, osCommerce won't capture any card details & store them in database.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

I'm having the same problem.

I think the whole purpose of the CC module is for those of us who have a terminal and merchant account in our brick and mortar stores and would rather use that to enter cc's than get another merchant account.

Do you have to go into the DB to get the cc#?

I'm having the same problem.

I think the whole purpose of the CC module is for those of us who have a terminal and merchant account in our brick and mortar stores and would rather use that to enter cc's than get another merchant account.

Do you have to go into the DB to get the cc#?

If you've got your bank's agreement to do so, then you'd see the cc number (with the middle 8 digits missing) in the invoice for that order in admin area. The missing 8 digits will be sent to an email address you've entered when you set up the cc module, which should be one of your store's email address.

Having said that, I can't see the banks nowadays would allow you to do so given the introduction of chip & pin new credit/debit cards recently (e.g., in the UK), but then it may depend on which country you are trading in.

HTH

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

The problem for me is that I don't receive the email with the external 8 digits. When someone places an order I receive no email. I think that this is BlizzardBoy's problem as well if I'm understanding correctly. Yes there's an option when you enter a card number manually on our terminal for mailorder and phone sales and it's been done this way for years I guess those of us with brick and mortar locations with mail order and phone order sales are more familiar with this. So I guess I'll have to code a little php page to access the DB and fetch the order info based on order # and put it in a secure directory? Can't figure out why I don't an email of the order, that's the real problem for me at least.

In order to receive the middle digits in an email ... you have to have set an email address in your Send Extra Order Details To field in the Admin email options.

Dood. I get the middle 8 digits. What I don't get is the order email with the outer 8 digits. I never get an email when someone places an order unless I setup the "Send Extra Order Emails To" option but even then it doesn't include any credit card info like 4111xxxxxxxx1111. When some one places an order I should get a copy with the credit card number missing the middle 8 digits right? That's what I don't get.

The beginning and end digits are in the database and appear under Orders in your osCommerce admin panel. The middle digits are emailed to you if you select that option.

This whole debate is academic anyway, because just because people have an EPOS terminal doesn't mean they can run online card transactions through it - in 90% of cases they are in violation of their agreement with their EPOS provider, and in 100% of cases in violation of Visa and Mastercard terms of service.

Vger

The beginning and end digits are in the database and appear under Orders in your osCommerce admin panel. The middle digits are emailed to you if you select that option.

This whole debate is academic anyway, because just because people have an EPOS terminal doesn't mean they can run online card transactions through it - in 90% of cases they are in violation of their agreement with their EPOS provider, and in 100% of cases in violation of Visa and Mastercard terms of service.

Vger

How is it any different than accepting cc #'s via phone or fax, both of which are acceptable with our current account?

It's different because you don't have an Internet Merchant ID, and because if you store credit card detais online you have to (Mastercard/Visa terms and conditions):

1. Keep them on a separate server, heavily firewalled.

2. Undergo a professional security audit every year (costs 000's).

But if you want to go ahead fine - just don't complain when they come and rip out your EPOS terminal and close your account down and blacklist you for life. Oh, and your hosting company won't be too happy either - because they have the right to seize the server the data is stored on.

Vger

The stupid thing about this retarded argument is that even if I had a merchant account online I'd never know that I got an order because I don't get any order emails. That's what this is about, oscommerce not sending out the order emails. And if it's illegal then why is that module even in the store?

I'll have to call the old merchant account provider tomorrow to verify tomorrow but it looks like if I only have a partial CC # on the server, the rest of the digits being emailed and not stored in the DB, then the transaction is accepted and legal using MOTO.

The stupid thing about this retarded argument is that even if I had a merchant account online I'd never know that I got an order because I don't get any order emails. That's what this is about, oscommerce not sending out the order emails. And if it's illegal then why is that module even in the store?

Perhaps we can think it this way: having a copy of osCommerce does not mean everyone can trade on the internet, does it? :) You still need to comply with the local law/regulations governing online businesses :-" .

osCommerce does send out order detail emails if you want it to. How to set this up has already been mentioned in the other posts.

Ken

Perhaps we can think it this way: having a copy of osCommerce does not mean everyone can trade on the internet, does it? :) You still need to comply with the local law/regulations governing online businesses :-" .

osCommerce does send out order detail emails if you want it to. How to set this up has already been mentioned in the other posts.

Ken

What I'm saying is that even if I have it set up with a merchant account I would still never receive an email telling me that I have an order. I have it set up to email me the middle digits in a separate email, whether this is illegal or not, and it sends the email with the middle digits but not the "master" email for the order. So lets pretend that I have a merchant account set up, because ultimately I'll probably end up using a PayPal solution anyway, and no order email ever shows up because that's what's happening. No order emails are showing up for the store owner. Perhaps someone can answer the true problem for once on this thread? Probably not.

No order emails are showing up for the store owner. Perhaps someone can answer the true problem for once on this thread? Probably not.

admin -> Configurations -> (look carefully for) Send Extra Order Emails To (and enter the email address you want to recieve any order info).

The osC team is ggod enough to think of this, albeit you have to set it up yourself, otherwise osC team would enter a default e-address of their own!

Hope this should be the end of this thread :) .

Ken

oops, configuration -> My Store -> ...

Ken

OK. I found that the other day and set it up then. Is that the normal way to get order emails for the store owner? In other words if you were to do a clean install of osCommerce, without setting up the Send Extra Order Emails opiton, and someone were to place an order would y the store owner recevie an email? I think this is where my confusion is.

Archived