• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installation problems!

elduderino

HI,

Ive just downloaded oscommerce to my localserver. Im on a mac. Ive extracted the catalog folder to my server root and tried to access the setup by typing this path:

http://localhost:8888/catalog

It doesnt seem to work. I get this message:

server Requirement error. register_globals is disabled in your php configuration. This can be enabled in youir php.ini config file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

Im no php man at all but i found php.ini and had a good look through but could find where i needed to enable register_globals

Could anyone suggest what i need to do. Im a newbie here by the way so hello to all!

HI,

Ive just downloaded oscommerce to my localserver. Im on a mac. Ive extracted the catalog folder to my server root and tried to access the setup by typing this path:

http://localhost:8888/catalog

It doesnt seem to work. I get this message:

server Requirement error. register_globals is disabled in your php configuration. This can be enabled in youir php.ini config file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

Im no php man at all but i found php.ini and had a good look through but could find where i needed to enable register_globals

Could anyone suggest what i need to do. Im a newbie here by the way so hello to all!

Try this Register Globals contribution.

Open the php.ini file in your text editor and do a find for globals, it should find the line that says "register_globals = on", change it from off to on and restart the server.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

3 questiosn:

1) Where is the php.ini file

2) Is a good idea t use the registry globals contrib ??

Is more safe and everything will work same way as if the registry globals are on???

3) Then what is the function of the registry globals???

thanks ;)

Archived