• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tracking Order

salman1karim

Hi friends,

I use oscommerce for furniture company. so everytime customer purchase something then from the same day our company start the production. but if customer want to know when order will be reached. so i want to put the tracking order in our website. please help me about htis soultuion.

Thanks in advance

Saloo

Salman

IT Engineer

Thanks for your reply.

But this contribution for ups and other services. but if i want to make same tracking for my website so what can i do?

I have furniture company. customer give order for making sofa's and at the time the production will be start. but if customer want to check where the order will be reached (means uderprocess or 10% finished or 30 %). so please help me as soon as possible. i m too much fred up.

Salman

IT Engineer

I doubt that there is a contribution that will help you since the problem is so specific. You could search the contributions setion for tracking modules. But if one is not there, you would need to pay for someone to write the code to handle this for you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I doubt that there is a contribution that will help you since the problem is so specific. You could search the contributions setion for tracking modules. But if one is not there, you would need to pay for someone to write the code to handle this for you.

Jack

The other thing you could do is go into the Admin section and define specific order status that fit your need.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

The other thing you could do is go into the Admin section and define specific order status that fit your need.

Thanks for reply.

Is it possible if i change little bit code and i use package tracking for our requirement not put UPS or fedex number only search through order number and customer check order status. plaese help me about code.

Salman

IT Engineer

From what I understand you just want a client to be able to login and track a specific order.

I have created a contribution that does just that. They just click on Track An Order link where they will be presented with a box to input their order / invoice number. When they submit the number ... if the order exists they will be taken to the orders details. If the order does not exist than they will be told the order could not be found.

You can also add as links to any other tracking modules you want to add such as UPS, Fedex etc.

Contribution: Orders Tracking v1.01

Link: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...search,Tracking

Thanks for reply.

Is it possible if i change little bit code and i use package tracking for our requirement not put UPS or fedex number only search through order number and customer check order status. plaese help me about code.

You don't need this if you follow Ralph's suggestion. Let's say the status of the order might be "On Hold for Parts." Create that satus in admin->Localization->Order Status and then go to the order edit screen and set the staus to that entry. You could also add a comment if you wanted. Update the order and when the customer logs into his account, he will see his order is On Hold for Parts. That sounds like what you are looking for.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You don't need this if you follow Ralph's suggestion. Let's say the status of the order might be "On Hold for Parts." Create that satus in admin->Localization->Order Status and then go to the order edit screen and set the staus to that entry. You could also add a comment if you wanted. Update the order and when the customer logs into his account, he will see his order is On Hold for Parts. That sounds like what you are looking for.

Jack

yes jack u understand my situation. so now i start work on this problem.if i face any probelm so i put the forums. so please help me...........

thanks all guys who help me

Salman

IT Engineer

Archived