• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal problem

faceless105

when i ran a quick test of my shopping cart it did not transfer the shipping over to paypal correct.y i am using the USPS shipping module and the Paypal module that came with the cart upon instilation.

when i view my cart is says something like, shipping, 8.75, and when i go to pay on paypal it become $10. any ideas on why this is happening? also should i just use this paypal module instead?

when i ran a quick test of my shopping cart it did not transfer the shipping over to paypal correct.y i am using the USPS shipping module and the Paypal module that came with the cart upon instilation.

when i view my cart is says something like, shipping, 8.75, and when i go to pay on paypal it become $10. any ideas on why this is happening? also should i just use this paypal module instead?

never mind i figured out the problem with the shipping, it was adding the shipping based upon the base price stored in paypal, now i need to find a way to disable that, and tell ti to take in the shipping that i wanna charge

You may have figured out your temporary problem, but if you're going to use paypal, you had better make it a priority to install the contribution you mentioned: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679/ ... it's the only way to get paypal to function.

Then log into your business paypal acct, go to profile, then instant payment notificatio preferences, and point it to http://www.youriste.com/ext/modules/paymen...pal_ipn/ipn.php, or something like that.

Then go into your admin, and configure the newly installed proper paypal module.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

first i wanna say, thanks for the help.

i just figured out why paypal was overriding my shipping amounts, all i had to do was check this little box that seems tucked away...

"Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled)."

So i've tested the payment options up to the point of paypal wanting the money, is there anything that happens afterward that i should look out for? Also, is there a way i can test the entire purchase process without actually buying things? i dont want paypal to take their cut from a "test" sale when like i said, it's just a test to make sure that it works.

Use Paypal's sandbox. Google for it. I believe it's sandbox.paypal.com, or something, but it's all over the web. You can test it there.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Is there a way i can test the entire purchase process without actually buying things? i dont want paypal to take their cut from a "test" sale when like i said, it's just a test to make sure that it works.

Why not actually make a purchase? That's what we do, every so often. As you already have an account, you need to use another credit card - then make the purchase and see what happens. That way you get to test out the whole thing.

When you're happy it works, then log in as you to your merchant account and make a refund. That way you also get to see if the refund goes back to your order page in admin - it should. Refund the full amount, and PayPal also refunds you your fees, so it won't cost you anything.

PS if you're really unwilling, just create a test product with a stock level of 1 and a price of 0.01 of what ever currency you use, and purchase that.

Archived