• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Baby shop updated

FWR Media

Hi

I've posted my shop before but have made changes since and have just added a new "Departments" mod.

Appreciate any and all comments.

Babygurgles baby shop

To many categories 25 is overkill, i got bored clicking them after 1 min or so, other than that the site looks the same but still nice and clean.

Hi rommany thanks for looking and commenting.

The categories is an alphabetised list of all products.

We realised that as we grow the categories get too cumbersome which is why we created the departments mod in the middle.

Hi Thunderace... firstly congratulations on your shop - it's actually pretty darn good!

Plus Points: centre shop, column right taken out, shopping cart in header, excellent use of stylesheet and excellent idea behind the 'empty shelf coming soon' pics.

Bad Points: Column left too long, too much gap between bottom of 'info/product' pages and the baby image in the bottom right.

I don't think it's bad idea to have that many products, in fact you could add more and it wouldn't take anything away from the site BUT you really should reduce the length of the column left some other way. Maybe you should remove the 'customer testimonials' in all pages other than the index.php and then see what you think.

Good Luck.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi Thunderace... firstly congratulations on your shop - it's actually pretty darn good!

Plus Points: centre shop, column right taken out, shopping cart in header, excellent use of stylesheet and excellent idea behind the 'empty shelf coming soon' pics.

Bad Points: Column left too long, too much gap between bottom of 'info/product' pages and the baby image in the bottom right.

I don't think it's bad idea to have that many products, in fact you could add more and it wouldn't take anything away from the site BUT you really should reduce the length of the column left some other way. Maybe you should remove the 'customer testimonials' in all pages other than the index.php and then see what you think.

Good Luck.

Chooch

Your time and comments appreciated .. I'll look into making those changes.

Archived