• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I really think it's my host........suggestions

ComicWisdom

Hi,

I've red the optimization and speed threads and done everything I was capable of to speed up my database but it crawls so slow that I often get "Server cannot create a new thread" and "Server can't create a new thread" errors.

I won't say who my host is because I know we're not supposed to do that, but even right now it is listed as #1 on the Hosting Chart.

Could someone who is happy with the speed of their database server host PM me with their host names so that I can experiment with different folks?

Thank you

PS: My databases are not large at all. In fact the server was slow before I even started entering data.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

experiment sort of implies you'd like to try hosting here, there and everywhere....

you get what you pay for and free hosting is worth exactly what you've paid for it :(

who this number 1 might be, and on who's chart, is down to who compiles the chart. Statistics statistics and damned lies comes to mind.

Have a good weekend ;p

one-click installation..

Dave's info

Hi,

I'm not using a free host. It's not expensive, but not free.

I can't afford a dedicated server ... that's for sure.

It was on CNET's chart. Usually, I'm happy with their reviews.

And I took the top rated one on purpose because I thought it would be the best.

Regular sites load fast, it's just the db that's slow.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

even dedicateds can run slow...

my point was the "experiment" comment you made.. I'll leave it at that

:)

Now, I understand. I guess I did phrase that poorly. I was thinking of basically trying one other host that was highly recommended just to see the difference.

You are right. That was a bad choice of words.

Archived