• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help: How to Edit Product Listing?

jayson4321

Hi Jayson-

The webpages in osCommerce are made up of many php files. The top is called includes/header.php. The left is called includes/column_left.php. The right is called includes/column_right.php. The bottom is includes/footer.php. The main body is index.php. The style of your website is in stylesheet.css and the pictures are mostly in a folder called images/.

The info on the pages for a product is stored in a database. You enter the info in your store's admin website. The admin site is normally https://your_sites_ssl.com/admin/index.php. It should prompt you for a password.

What I've written about so far probably sounds generic, this is because I not quite sure what you want to do. Can you describe what you want to do to the products listing?

Danny

If I'm giving advice, it is based on what path I would take to fix your problem. My path may be wrong.

Hi Jayson-

The webpages in osCommerce are made up of many php files. The top is called includes/header.php. The left is called includes/column_left.php. The right is called includes/column_right.php. The bottom is includes/footer.php. The main body is index.php. The style of your website is in stylesheet.css and the pictures are mostly in a folder called images/.

The info on the pages for a product is stored in a database. You enter the info in your store's admin website. The admin site is normally https://your_sites_ssl.com/admin/index.php. It should prompt you for a password.

What I've written about so far probably sounds generic, this is because I not quite sure what you want to do. Can you describe what you want to do to the products listing?

Danny

Hi Danny,

As you visited my link. I want to edit the product listing page setup. The column and rows are perfectly fine. You notice how the product picture is very small like 75x75 pixels. I want to make it larger to like 180x180 pixels. In order for me to do that without messing up the layout itself, i need to remove the blue/gray tables that is on the top right of the product image. So basically i just want my product picture to be display larger and in order for me to do that i need to remove that blue/gray tables that has the product name. What i dont know is which file to edit?

Regards,

Jayson

ok i found out which .php file to edit product_info_col.php

I fix it but now i have another problem. I want to display 2 product per row instead of 1 per row.

please see http://steamandbath.com/index.php?cPath=3_22

Here is the code i have

<?php
/*
 $Id: product_listing_col.php,v 1.1.1.1 2004/03/04 23:41:11 ccwjr Exp $
*/

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.products_id');

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ( (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3') ) ) {
?>

<?php
 }
 $list_box_contents = array();

if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {
$listing_query = tep_db_query($listing_split->sql_query);

$row = 0;
$column = 0;

// Eversun mod for sppp
//		while ($listing = tep_db_fetch_array($listing_query)) {
//	  $rows++;
$no_of_listings = tep_db_num_rows($listing_query);

if(!tep_session_is_registered('sppc_customer_group_id')) {
  $customer_group_id = '0';
} else {
  $customer_group_id = $sppc_customer_group_id;
}

while ($_listing = tep_db_fetch_array($listing_query)) {
  $listing[] = $_listing;
  $list_of_prdct_ids[] = $_listing['products_id'];
}

$select_list_of_prdct_ids = "products_id = '".$list_of_prdct_ids[0]."' ";
if ($no_of_listings > 1) {
  for ($n = 1; $n < count($list_of_prdct_ids); $n++) {
  $select_list_of_prdct_ids .= "or products_id = '".$list_of_prdct_ids[$n]."' ";
  }
}

// get all product prices for products with the particular customer_group_id
// however not necessary for customer_group_id = 0
if ($customer_group_id != '0') {
  $pg_query = tep_db_query("select pg.products_id, customers_group_price as price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " pg where (".$select_list_of_prdct_ids.") and pg.customers_group_id = '".$customer_group_id."' ");

//   $no_of_pg_products = tep_db_num_rows($pg_query);
  while ($pg_array = tep_db_fetch_array($pg_query)) {
	$new_prices[] = array ('products_id' => $pg_array['products_id'], 'products_price' => $pg_array['price'], 'specials_new_products_price' => '', 'final_price' => $pg_array['price']);
  }

for ($x = 0; $x < $no_of_listings; $x++) {
	// replace products prices with those from customers_group table
	if(!empty($new_prices)) {
	  for ($i = 0; $i < count($new_prices); $i++) {
		if( $listing[$x]['products_id'] == $new_prices[$i]['products_id'] ) {
		  $listing[$x]['products_price'] = $new_prices[$i]['products_price'];
		  $listing[$x]['final_price'] = $new_prices[$i]['final_price'];
		}
	  }
	} // end if(!empty($new_prices)
	$listing[$x]['specials_new_products_price'] = ''; // makes sure that a retail specials price doesn't carry over to another customer group
	$listing[$x]['final_price'] = $listing[$x]['products_price']; // final price should not be the retail special price
  } // end for ($x = 0; $x < $no_of_listings; $x++)
} // end if ($customer_group_id != '0')

// an extra query is needed for all the specials
$specials_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where (".$select_list_of_prdct_ids.") and status = '1' and customers_group_id = '" .$customer_group_id. "'");
while ($specials_array = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query)) {
  $new_s_prices[] = array ('products_id' => $specials_array['products_id'], 'products_price' => '', 'specials_new_products_price' => $specials_array['specials_new_products_price'] , 'final_price' => $specials_array['specials_new_products_price']);
}

// add the correct specials_new_products_price and replace final_price
  if(!empty($new_s_prices)) {
	for ($i = 0; $i < count($new_s_prices); $i++) {
	  if( $listing[$x]['products_id'] == $new_s_prices[$i]['products_id'] ) {
		$listing[$x]['specials_new_products_price'] = $new_s_prices[$i]['specials_new_products_price'];
		$listing[$x]['final_price'] = $new_s_prices[$i]['final_price'];
	  }
	}
  } // end if(!empty($new_s_prices)
} // end for ($x = 0; $x < $no_of_listings; $x++)

$sql = 'SELECT `products_description` FROM `products_description` WHERE products_id ='.$listing[$x]['products_id'].' && language_id='.(int)$languages_id;
	$description_query = tep_db_query($sql);
	$description = mysql_fetch_array($description_query, MYSQL_ASSOC);
	$description['products_description'] = substr($description['products_description'], 0, 100);
	$desc_len = strlen($description['products_description']);
	$description['products_description'][$desc_len-1] = '.';
	$description['products_description'][$desc_len-2] = '.';
	$description['products_description'][$desc_len-3] = '.';
  $rows++;
  // Eversun mod for spp
  $product_contents = array();
  for ($col=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $col<$n; $col++) {
	$lc_align = '';
	switch ($column_list[$col]) {

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
		$lc_align = '';
		// Eversun mod for spp
		//			$lc_text = ' ' . $listing['products_model'] . ' ';
		$lc_text = ' ' . $listing[$x]['products_model'] . ' ';
		// Eversun mod for spp
		break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
		$lc_align = '';
		if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
		  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . $listing[$x]['products_name'] . '</a>';
		} else {
		  $lc_text = '<tr><td class=ch5><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=247><tr><td width=120 align=center><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing[$x]['products_image'], $listing[$x]['products_name'], 217, 237) . '</a>
	   ';
		}
		break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
		$lc_align = '';
		$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $listing[$x]['manufacturers_id']) . '">' . $listing[$x]['manufacturers_name'] . '</a> ';
		break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
		$lc_align = 'right';
		$lc_text = ' ' . $listing[$x]['products_quantity'] . ' ';
		break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
		$lc_align = 'right';
		$lc_text = ' ' . $listing[$x]['products_weight'] . ' ';
		break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
		$lc_align = '';
		if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
		$lc_text = '<tr><td class=ch5><table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=247>
	   <tr><td width=120 align=center><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing[$x]['products_image'], $listing[$x]['products_name'], 180, 120) . '</a></td>';
		} else {
		  $lc_text = '';
		  }
		break;

// This change to the buy_now is backed out
	  // VJ product quantity begin
	 case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':

$lc_align = 'right';
		/*
		if (tep_get_products_special_price($listing[$x]['products_id'])) {
		  $lc_text = ' <s>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing[$x]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing[$x]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br><br><span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price(tep_get_products_special_price($listing[$x]['products_id']), tep_get_tax_rate($listing[$x]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';
		} else {
		  $lc_text = ' ' . $currencies->display_price($listing[$x]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing[$x]['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' ';
		}
		*/
		$pf->loadProduct($listing[$x]['products_id'],$languages_id);
		$lc_text = '
		 <tr><td style="padding-bottom:5px;"><span class=ch7>'.$pf->getPriceStringShort().'</span></td></tr><br><br>

<tr><td><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_template_image_button('small_view.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_MORE) . '</a><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_template_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a></td></tr>
	</table>
   </td>
	 <td width=5>
	  <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=1 height=100%>
	   <tr><td width=5></td></tr>
	  </table>
	 </td>';
		break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
		$lc_align = 'center';
		$lc_text = '';
		break;

/*
	  case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
		$lc_align = 'center';
		$lc_text = '<form name="cart_quantity" method="post" action="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id'], 'NONSSL'). '"><input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="' . $listing[$x]['products_id'] . '"><input type="text" name="cart_quantity" value="1" maxlength="5" size="5"><br>' . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</form>';
		break;
	   */
	  // VJ product quantity end
	  // end of the backout
	}
	$product_contents[] = $lc_text;
  }

$lc_text = implode('', $product_contents);
  $list_box_contents[$row][$column] = array('align' => 'center',
											'params' => '',
											'text'  => $lc_text);

$column ++;
  if ($column >= COLUMN_COUNT) {
	$row ++;
	$column = 0;
  }
}

new productListingBox($list_box_contents);
 } else {
$list_box_contents = array();
$list_box_contents[0] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
$list_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-data"',
							   'text' => TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS);
new productListingBox($list_box_contents);
 }
 if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) ) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr>
<td class="smallText"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

Archived