• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders not being saved with Paypal payments...

dasman22

I have the "default" Paypal module installed (the one that comes with OS Commerce). I have received some orders so far; however, one in ONE case did the order show up in OS commerce. In the rest of the cases the payment was processed by Paypal and the payment showed up in Paypal, however, no order showed up in OS Commerce!

Any ideas?

Doug Schneider

I have the "default" Paypal module installed (the one that comes with OS Commerce). I have received some orders so far; however, one in ONE case did the order show up in OS commerce. In the rest of the cases the payment was processed by Paypal and the payment showed up in Paypal, however, no order showed up in OS Commerce!

Any ideas?

Doug Schneider

Doug - you will not get any information about the details of the order when it goes through PayPal unless the customer goes back to your store immediately after the payment is processed. If you go to PayPal, go to Profile, Web Payment prefs (third column, about halfway down) and turn on Auto-return, PayPal will send your customer back to your store automatically. HOWEVER, if you have made it so that your customers do not have to sign up for a PayPal account in order to pay you with a credit card, that Auto-return will not function. Instead, PayPal generously (and I am sneering, here) places a tiny "return to merchant" link on the payment processed page. The likelihood is that your customers will never see the link, and you will never get your details. I am wondering if anybody knows how to get Checkout_process to send the Order Process email (that goes out to the customer with all the detail in it) to go to ME, too. Then, at least, I'll know what people bought and how they want it sent.

Doug - Instead, PayPal generously (and I am sneering, here) places a tiny "return to merchant" link on the payment processed page. The likelihood is that your customers will never see the link, and you will never get your details. I am wondering if anybody knows how to get Checkout_process to send the Order Process email (that goes out to the customer with all the detail in it) to go to ME, too. Then, at least, I'll know what people bought and how they want it sent.

Actually, I have just figured out that the Order Process email does NOT go out to anybody unless there is a return to merchant. Thus, if you have "Account Optional" turned on, NO order details are retained ANYWHERE. The customer can't review orders, and neither can you. I have just posted (in the config forum, which is evidently the wrong place - although this does seem to have to do with confguration rather than modules) my conclusion: all you can do, if you are using paypal this way, is plaster your shop with instructions for the customer to RETURN TO MERCHANT on the Thank you for your payment page. There is a tiny link there. Thank you PayPal.

I wish that everyone concerned with this problem would write PayPal support and ask them to make the auto return to those who are not members as well - they are, after-all using the service, and we are, after-all paying for it.

Alternatively, you could consider installing one of the 'held orders' contributions which would save the orders in te db whether or not the customer returns to your store from paypal website.

HTH

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Alternatively, you could consider installing one of the 'held orders' contributions which would save the orders in te db whether or not the customer returns to your store from paypal website.

HTH

Ken

Ken,

What, exactly, is the te database? Where is it? Will it make the details show up in the orders area? I wish I understood all this. Getting there, slowly.

HTH

Ken

Now here's a problem. I downloaded the Make PayPal return order info Held Orders contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,held+orders

Opened the contribution files and opened my os commerce files. The contribution has three parts - only one has a readme. I went to the file location specified in the readme but in Admin/includes/classes I find no such file as confirm_held_order.php. So I went to the next ziip file - no read me. Just files. I don't know if I'm supposed to replace lines, add lines - or where or what? All I know is, I can find NONE of the files specified - nothing in my version of oscommerce has any files that are named held_order.

I come to this through Netfirms, so I have no idea what version of the software I'm using. Does this mean mine is too old? Too new?

I'm really confused.

I'm really confused.

Hi,

It's a bit confusing if you haven't done any contribution installation before. Now, as far as this contrib is concerned, focusing your attention on the folder 'held_orders_v2.0', which is under folder 'held_orders_v2.0_2'. In that folder, you'd see 3 subfolders called admin, catalog & docs. The instruction is in the docs folder, which does not need to upload to your site. All the php files under the other two subfolders need to be uploaded to their correspoding folders except th dutch language file if you do not use it (see in the install.html for details).

What you need to do now is to follow the part of the instruction called CLEAN INSTALLATION found in the install.html file under the docs folder. The instructions are quite clear, but if you do not know how to run the sql scripts, you can find this info on th eother parts of the forum.

Do backup your file before you edit them!

HTH

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

• 6 months later...
Hi,

It's a bit confusing if you haven't done any contribution installation before. Now, as far as this contrib is concerned, focusing your attention on the folder 'held_orders_v2.0', which is under folder 'held_orders_v2.0_2'. In that folder, you'd see 3 subfolders called admin, catalog & docs. The instruction is in the docs folder, which does not need to upload to your site. All the php files under the other two subfolders need to be uploaded to their correspoding folders except th dutch language file if you do not use it (see in the install.html for details).

What you need to do now is to follow the part of the instruction called CLEAN INSTALLATION found in the install.html file under the docs folder. The instructions are quite clear, but if you do not know how to run the sql scripts, you can find this info on th eother parts of the forum.

Do backup your file before you edit them!

HTH

Ken

Hi there,

Does anyone know if this contribution works with the "Purchase without account" contribution. I would like to add the "Purchase without account" but I want to make sure I get all the orders stored in case the customer doesn't return to the site after Paypal.

--Mai

The Fusion Boutique

This is the PayPal contribution you want to be using: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

It will store the order before the customer is sent to PayPal, so even if they don't return, you'll still have the order information. This will result in orphaned orders, but from what I've seen, it's the best you can do with PayPal's standard service.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.