• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a way to...

joemurray

I'm customizing an oscommerce site for someone. They want 2 links on the front page which are images, nothing else. They want each image to link to a category and show all products within that category and nothing else. I've already manually deleted all infoboxes and put the shopping cart in the right of the header.

They want the products to be in column form (side by side) with all details pertaining to that item in the table along with the "add to cart button".

Is there a contribution that comes somewhat close to what I describe? Basically they want to completely bypass the product details page and just have the products laid out together for purchase. Any ideas?

This is possible but it takes many steps. You would need to have a template just for your frontpage. Then you would also need to create a template for each of your categories.

If you have only 2 categories that's not much work.

Use the contribution Simple Templates. All the details for creating templates are in there.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

I think I can make it even easier...

Does anyone what file I would edit to change the layout of the product listing table? I installed the osC Product Listing Select contribution so I now have my column listing.

Now all that I need to do is to be able to include the product description under the item title. I also need to unlink the image so it doesnt go to the larger product page. There has to be a simple way to do this.

Once that is set I'm assuming I can just link those images on the front page to the cPath and then link the header back to the front page.

Archived