• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS general support

swamper8

Can someone give me some general guidance on the UPS.XML shippng module installation? I followed the directions in the readme.txt file that came with the package. However when testing the module in my shopping cart, I get errors. Without going to the errors specifically (yet), I wonder if I am fully installing it correctly. For example:

when I unzip the UPSXML package, I notice there is an entire 'CATALOG' folder.

However the readme.txt file only specifies taking a 4 files out from within this folder and placing them in my oscommerce setup. is this entire catalog folder supposed to be copied to my server? does it take the place of the existing catalog folder or is it placed somewhere different?

I uploaded install_upsxml.sql to my server and ran it. It doesn't appear to have done anything?!?! just some text appears in the browser window. I don't know if anything has installed or not.......

My error in OSCOMMERCE under 'shipping method' is:

United Parcel Service (XML)

Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact Vision Knits via Email.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

No easy way around it; you just didn't follow the readme instructions closely enough, and didn't install the contribution properly.

It should at least show up in checkout with no error messages, but to get it fully functioniing you'll have to apply for (and receive) a rates and services ID number from ups.com, and you'll have to plug that into your admin / config / ups xml module.

But you just didn't set it up properly, and edit your files properly.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

No easy way around it; you just didn't follow the readme instructions closely enough, and didn't install the contribution properly.

It should at least show up in checkout with no error messages, but to get it fully functioniing you'll have to apply for (and receive) a rates and services ID number from ups.com, and you'll have to plug that into your admin / config / ups xml module.

But you just didn't set it up properly, and edit your files properly.

The confusing part about that login error which i get from UPS is that I have all those things set up properly in the options section of the UPS shipping module. I have a UPS username and password and I have my access key entered as well. I've been through the readme file 3 times and cannot find anything I'm missing. looking for someone who's had a problem similar to this before.

Archived