• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting rid of extra options in email, on invoice, and display page

ComicWisdom

Some of my products have as many as 8 options. When the email, etc. is composed, a line posts for all of them. I would like the blank ones not to print on either the email on any of the screens.

If I were writing in basic, I would just add the following code in the part of the program that prints these lines. But of course, this isn't basic. Could someone translate these lines in proper PHP or point me in the direction of something that will help. I've searched the forums and the contributions for every keyword I could think of.

For ProductOrdered_ID# = 1 to numProductsOrdered#

Print ProductDescription$(ProductOrdered_ID#)

For ProductOptionSelected# = 1 to ProductOptions#(ProductOrdered_ID#)

If ProductOptionSelected$(ProductOptionSelected#, ProductOrdered_ID#) = ? ? then next ProductOrdered_ID#

Print ProductOptionSelected$(ProductOptionSelected#, ProductOrdered_ID#)

Next ProductOrderedSelected_ID#

Print

Next ProductOrdered_ID#

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Can you post the url to one of these products?

Thank you. The URL is:

http://christophersgrinders.com/catalog/pr...;products_id=39

Or you can goto

www.christophersgrinders.com/catalog

Select "Grinders" from the menu and then pick anyone at all.

This site is not live yet, so you can play with whatever you want.

You can even make yourself an account and logon to see the comfirmation email and the linked page generated. It won't cost you a penny because you won't get anything.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

All the "Adds:" still show up. Here is the code:

<?php
/*
 $Id: shopping_cart.php,v 1.73 2003/06/09 23:03:56 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require("includes/application_top.php");

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, 'action=update_product')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"> <!-- <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_cart.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td> //-->
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td>
<?php
$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => 'center',
								'params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',
								'text' => TABLE_HEADING_REMOVE);

$info_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',
								'text' => TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS);

$info_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => 'center',
								'text' => TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY);

$info_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => 'right',
								'text' => TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL);

$any_out_of_stock = 0;
$products = $cart->get_products();
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
//MAXIMUM quantity code
if(MAXIMUM_ORDERS == 'true'){
$max_order_query = tep_db_query("select p.maxorder as max_quant FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where p.products_id = '".$products[$i]['id']."'");
while ($max_order = tep_db_fetch_array($max_order_query))  {
	$products[$i]['max_quant']=$max_order['max_quant']; // set the cart item max var
	if (!empty($products[$i]['max_quant'])) {//add check account for if max_quant is null or '', if it is you can skip all this stuff can it's umlimited
	// okay if this product already is in basket irregardless of it's attributes selected... keep the old one
	for ($ic = 0; $ic < $i;$ic++) {
	   if (tep_get_prid($products[$i]['id']) == tep_get_prid($products[$ic]['id'])) {
	   $cart_notice .= sprintf(MAXIMUM_ORDER_DUPLICATE, $products[$i]["name"], $products[$i]["max_quant"]) . '<BR>'; // notify them they can not do that
	   $cart_skip_prod = true;
	   $cart->remove($products[$i]['id']); // remove this new item from the cart session
	   $cart_skip_prod = true; // set a flag so we can bypass output of the item that was already stuck into the products array before we removed it just now
	   }
	   else {
	   //$cart_notice .= ' - okay no match ';
	   }
	   $cart_notice .= '<BR>';
	}

// okay now for products that have no attributes or have identical attributes
	if ($products[$i]['quantity'] > $max_order['max_quant'] ) { //add check account for if max_quant is null or '', if so let it go through.
		$products[$i]['quantity']=$products[$i]['max_quant'];
		$cart->add_cart($products[$i]['id'],$products[$i]['quantity'],$products[$i]['attributes']); // update the qty
		$cart_notice .= sprintf(MAXIMUM_ORDER_NOTICE, $products[$i]["name"], $products[$i]["max_quant"]); // notify them they can not do that
	}
	}
}
}

if ($cart_skip_prod) { // still need to skip displaying the item still stuck in $products array even though we removed it from $cart
  break;
  }
//End MAXIMUM quantity code

// Push all attributes information in an array
  if (isset($products[$i]['attributes']) && is_array($products[$i]['attributes'])) {
	while (list($option, $value) = each($products[$i]['attributes'])) {
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('id[' . $products[$i]['id'] . '][' . $option . ']', $value);
	  $attributes = tep_db_query("select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix
								  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " poval, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa
								  where pa.products_id = '" . $products[$i]['id'] . "'
								   and pa.options_id = '" . $option . "'
								   and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id
								   and pa.options_values_id = '" . $value . "'
								   and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id
								   and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'
								   and poval.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
	  $attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes);

$products[$i][$option]['products_options_name'] = $attributes_values['products_options_name'];
	  $products[$i][$option]['options_values_id'] = $value;
	  $products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name'] = $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];
	  $products[$i][$option]['options_values_price'] = $attributes_values['options_values_price'];
	  $products[$i][$option]['price_prefix'] = $attributes_values['price_prefix'];
	}
  }
}

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
  if (($i/2) == floor($i/2)) {
	$info_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-even"');
  } else {
	$info_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
  }

$cur_row = sizeof($info_box_contents) - 1;

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => 'center',
										 'params' => 'class="productListing-data" valign="top"',
										 'text' => tep_draw_checkbox_field('cart_delete[]', $products[$i]['id']));

$products_name = '<table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">' .
				   '  <tr>' .
				   '	<td class="productListing-data" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>' .
				   '	<td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</b></a>';

if (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') {
	$stock_check = tep_check_stock($products[$i]['id'], $products[$i]['quantity']);
	if (tep_not_null($stock_check)) {
	  $any_out_of_stock = 1;

$products_name .= $stock_check;
	}
  }

if (isset($products[$i]['attributes']) && is_array($products[$i]['attributes'])) {
	reset($products[$i]['attributes']);
//added to remove the attr name
if ($products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name']){

$products_name .= '<br><small><i> - ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name'] . '</i></small>';
}//end added
	  $products_name .= '<br><small><i> - ' . 'Add: ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name'] . '</i></small>';
	}
  }

$products_name .= '	</td>' .
					'  </tr>' .
					'</table>';

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-data"',
										 'text' => $products_name);

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => 'center',
										 'text' => tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="4"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products[$i]['id']));

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => 'right',
										 'text' => '<b>' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id']), $products[$i]['quantity']) . '</b>');
}

new productListingBox($info_box_contents);
?>
	</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td align="right" class="main"><b><?php echo SUB_TITLE_SUB_TOTAL; ?> <?php echo $currencies->format($cart->show_total()); ?></b></td>
  </tr>
<?php
if ($any_out_of_stock == 1) {
  if (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT == 'true') {
?>
  <tr>
	<td class="stockWarning" align="center"><br><?php echo OUT_OF_STOCK_CAN_CHECKOUT; ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
  } else {
?>
  <tr>
	<td class="stockWarning" align="center"><br><?php echo OUT_OF_STOCK_CANT_CHECKOUT; ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
  }
}
//MAXIMUM quantity code
if ($cart_notice) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td class="stockWarning" align="center"><br><B><?php echo $cart_notice; ?></B></td>
  </tr>
<?php
  }
// End MAXIMUM quantity code

?>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_UPDATE_CART); ?></td>
<?php
$back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;
if (isset($navigation->path[$back])) {
?>
			<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
}
?>
			<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
  <tr>
	<td align="center" class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY))); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
</table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Here is the change to make:

Replace (from your original code)

$products_name .= '<br><small><i> - ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name'] . '</i></small>';

$products_name .= '<br><small><i> - ' . 'Add: ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name'] . '</i></small>';
	}
  }

with

//added to remove any empty item option name value
if ($products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name']){

$products_name .= '<br><small><i> - Add: ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name'] . '</i></small>';

}//end added

}
  }

Archived