• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN Sandbox Error 3005

dublino

Hi,

I'm running osCommerce 2.2 and trying to integrate with PayPal IPN Payment Module v1.3. I'm trying to test it in the Paypal sandbox and am consistently getting a 3005 error.

To troubleshoot so far I've consulted the install guide of the contribution, a number of posts on this forum and the Paypal developer forums and haven't been able to get anywhere so I really hope somebody can help me out with this. It's driving me nuts :'(

Some details:

- register_globals is on on the server

- I have a developer account with two profiles, a business one for the seller and a personal one for the test buy. Both have been fully verified and confirmed. The email address in the IPN module is the same as the business account.

- On the Paypal side I've tried this with IPN disabled as advised in the install guide. Have also tried with it enabled and pointing to both the /ext directory with ipn.php and also the laternative method I saw somewhere of using http://yourdomain/catalog/includes/modules.../paypal_ipn.php. Have also tried with auto return on and auto return off

-admin setttings are as follows:

PayPal IPN

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

Move tax to total amount

False

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Only EUR

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Processing

Gateway Server

Testing

Transaction Type

Aggregate

Anyhoo, after a day of messing about with this I'm a step away from either putting my foot through the screen or going with a different payment solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

a

• 4 months later...

PayPal 3005 message is a general error, it can be anything.

For a test to be successful, using only USD at the beginning is recommended. USD also needs to be accepted in sandbox account profile settings.

IPN settings in account profile don't help at all, it could be worse if you set anything in there.

Also check in Profile settings for shipping/Tax calculation. Don't set anything in there either.

Don't use encrypted web payments at the beginning, unless you have successful results and ready to move on. Don't block unencrypted web payments in profile settings.

Try not to add shipping cost nor Tax.

Keep everything as simple as possible.

Make sure you have an SSL enabled hosting with a dedicated IP. Port 443 is required in some cases. If you don't have an SSL enabled hosting or dedicated IP, extra modifications in the code to force port 80 could also help.

Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.