• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

So much i want to do... but i dont know how...

DtechD

hello, im completely new to osc, and web publishing in general. I am eager to learn but i need a push in the right direction.

so far i have a lot of the default blah looking stuff. i would definitely appreciate any help i can get what i need to know;

1)how do i change the backround color?

2)how do i remove / rearrange the side pannels?

3)how would i change the color / style of the side panels?

4)remove the osc picture banner thing on the bottom of the web page?

5)how can i remove the <My Account | Cart Contents | Checkout> images in the upper right corner?

6)i managed to change the logo in the upper left. But, when i hold my courser over it, i get a osc text to pop up. can that be changed?

7)i have a problem with the product images i uploaded, they are streached to conform. how can these images remain in their original resolution?

8)how can i change that annoying "What's New Here?" and "Let's See What We Have Here" text on the top of some pages?

thank you soooo much for at least taking the time to read all of this. i would greatly appreciate any words of wisdom you may offer.

checkout the contribution and forum thread 'basics for design change'

that will get you going.

googling +oscommerce +"your specfic term" will often find results faster / more efficiently then the search engine here

HTH

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

[8)how can i change that annoying "What's New Here?" and "Let's See What We Have Here" text on the top of some pages?

Well, go to your includes/languages/english/index.php file, and change the "Let\'s see what we have here" to whatever you want -- or nothing at all -- or a pic -- or whatever.

Many things can be altered in includes/languages/english.php -- look around in there.

Basics for design change: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139426

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

1)how do i change the backround color?

You can change the background colour in the stylesheet.css file.

To get an idea of which bit of CSS changes what, have a look at http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...n_and_Layout/54

2)how do i remove / rearrange the side pannels?

By side panels, I guess you mean the side columns. To add/remove/ change the boxes in them have a look at http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/Catalog_Area/Boxes

3)how would i change the color / style of the side panels?

Refer question 1

4)remove the osc picture banner thing on the bottom of the web page?

Those details are in the includes/footer.php file

5)how can i remove the <My Account | Cart Contents | Checkout> images in the upper right corner?

They are in the includes/header.php file

6)i managed to change the logo in the upper left. But, when i hold my courser over it, i get a osc text to pop up. can that be changed?

In includes/header.php find this bit of code

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce')

Change that last osCommerce to want you want.

7)i have a problem with the product images i uploaded, they are streached to conform. how can these images remain in their original resolution?

You can use a contribution such as image stretch fix

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...age+stretch+fix

to sort the problem

8)how can i change that annoying "What's New Here?" and "Let's See What We Have Here" text on the top of some pages?

Already answered.

Archived