• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal

kmc

Hi there!

If someone can provide some assistance, I would greatly appreciate it!

I am using Paypal and when my customer's get to the checkout page and then link over to Paypal, the total dollar amounts either round up or down and all the items in the cart (if there is more than 1) list on 1 line instead of individually.

Paypal has told me that there is an issue within the script of the cart.

Please help!

Thanks.

Are you using the *proper* paypal contribution? Have you downloaded and installed http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679/? That's the only way it will work. Then you have to go into your paypal business account profile, and click on "profile", then "instant payment notification preferences", then configure it so it points to your newly-installed ipn.php.

Then you have to go to your admin, and configure the newly-installed Paypal IPN contribution to reflect your paypal account.

It's a little bit of work; gonna take you an hour or so, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Are you using the *proper* paypal contribution? Have you downloaded and installed http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679/? That's the only way it will work. Then you have to go into your paypal business account profile, and click on "profile", then "instant payment notification preferences", then configure it so it points to your newly-installed ipn.php.

Then you have to go to your admin, and configure the newly-installed Paypal IPN contribution to reflect your paypal account.

It's a little bit of work; gonna take you an hour or so, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Hi!

Thank-you for the info. I am not sure if that contribution was installed. I had a developer do all the downloading and installing. Where can I go to check to see if I in fact have this contribution or not?

Thanks.

Kerry

Hi!

Thank-you for the info. I am not sure if that contribution was installed. I had a developer do all the downloading and installing. Where can I go to check to see if I in fact have this contribution or not?

Thanks.

Kerry

I'm sure the "developer" could have erred, Kerry. Do you know how to get into your host's Cpanel's file manager? Or do you know how to use an FTP tool?

Well, in your root directory, there should be a folder entitled "ext", which is the beginning of the path to ipn.php. If this folder isn't there, then the wrong paypal was installed. You can message me if you have any more questions regarding this -- just click on my name and hit "private message".

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Archived